Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: 'Can't See Why' Thurman's Next Fight Can't Be Against Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
    Really like Spence's attitude... He wants to be great - He wants to be recognized as THE MAN - He isn't making business decisions, he's making fight decisions. So refreshing after what we've seen in the last few years from most of the elite level fighters.
    Absolutely....either in my way or get out my way!

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    I'd like to offer praise and any boxing fan here should as well to Spence, Brook, Thurman, and Garcia for being willing to fight each other. All these guys are what make boxing great and more great fights to come. I hope anyone who has doubts about boxing, or who has made negative comments about these guys takes a moment to realize they are doing what other divisions have been failing to do. Kudos!
    Absolutely,
    Why Manny and Floyd earn millions fighting weak opponents.That ******ity must stop and the above offers a route.

Comment

Spence Jr. vs. Danny Garcia! Charlo vs. Lubin on the undercard! Would be a nice card, especially in TX! Let's go!

Comment

Originally posted by OSCARINA View Post
        yeah thats what i meant 2016 and he might come back before december this year lets hope so it will be twice for 2017.... but i agree 2 fights a year for big stars should be a minimum...
        Yeah Thurman is one of my fav, would be great to see him against Spence and he's not one for tune-ups these days which is great.

Comment

I like the idea but if Spence is going to fight Thurman straight away is he going to sit around and wait because the time schedules will need to sync up if Thurman can make it back late in the year there isn't much time to get another fight in for Spence but that is kind of far off to be waiting on a maybe because Thurman is coming off surgery.

I think they will fight I just think it is an in 12 months kind of thing and Spence could get a couple fights in between now and then rather than focusing on Thurman. One fight would obviously be a garbage mandatory looking at the IBF rankings because there is no one worthwhile on the list, but the other could perhaps be against someone decent. If Spence messes around waiting on Thurman he likely only makes that garbage mandatory before fighting Thurman and I just don't see that as the best route for him to make a star out of himself.

Comment

Not knowing or seeing much about Spence prior to the Brook fight, I didn't give him much chance. How about a dish of crow and humble pie for me. The post fight interviews impressed me a lot so I'll be pulling for him from here on out.
            Spence is young with a lot of time and talent. Regardless of who he fights next, it would probably be in his best interest to stay active and when the time comes to sign a fight with Thurman, then do so. But don't sit idle by waiting on one fight either. I don't see Spence looking at too many 'risk' fights in the near future because he will only continue to improve his craft. Thurman had better be on alert.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
              Thurman tries to avoid Thurman? What the **** are you on?
              Guess Thurman wouldn't even fight himself in a tough fight. Thurman is a small joke in need of a afro cut.

Comment

Originally posted by OSCARINA View Post
                you idiot thurman just beat porter and danny back to back while guys like canelo beat smith and chavez back to back and manny will beat vargas and horn back to back... Thurman has done more in boxing the last 2 years than most fighters.... Stop being a casual hater
                Short Porter is a small contender going nowhere in boxing. Danny Garcia has fought no one till mini Thurman and was average anyway. Thurman is okay but far from being great and never will be great. Now if Thur beats Spence and Paq and even Crawford then greatness awaits. Won't happen though. Broner will become a Priest before Thurman beats a top real threat like Spence.

Comment

Thurman is going to get surgery. Spence should want the best Thurman possible so there won't be no excuse

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                    Yeah Thurman is one of my fav, would be great to see him against Spence and he's not one for tune-ups these days which is great.
                    i dont mind spence and thurman getting 1 fight before they unify next year..... you have to space out these big fights so 2018 isnt a horrible year lol....

Comment

Why all the speculation about ducking etc...Keith sounds like he is willing to fight..
                      [Showtime’s] Brian Custer texted [Thurman],” said Espinoza, Showtime Sports’ executive vice president and general manager. “He said, ‘You know Keith. Keith is not shy. He said, let’s clear up the elbow and let’s do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X