Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: A Girl Slapped My Shoulder - Ward's Punches Like That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev trash talk is hilarious lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      As if Ward will let him do that.

In every round....there is a point when Kovalev likes to be left alone.

He likes to have his own little space to step out and pull on his trunks and take breaths.

Regardless the opponent.
      This is true. I noticed that too. Not just pull up his trunks, but he likes to blow his nose and scratch his nose. It's like he's fighting with allergies or something. Main Events should have got him an allergy doctor ages ago but apparently they haven't. So I agree with you for once, those little things can make a difference. Kovalev steps back, his nose is uncomfortable, so he wants to take a breath to scratch his nose, but then Ward can jump in, and suddenly Kovalev can't take the breath anymore, he has to tense up because Ward surprised him when he thought he could scratch his nose, and tensing up ups the adrenaline or stress, which can lead to fatigue later on.

Small stuff like that matters. Kovalev should still win though, but I agree it is little stuff like that which allows Ward to at least make it look like he's at least semi-competitive with the much better fighter Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        yet he beat you
        I was rooting for Ward but let be honest Larry Ward to the most punishment and I had him losing by 2 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          You can't walk through a guy's punches just because he doesn't hit that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            The amount of energy it takes to flex your neck like that is immense. You can't do it for long. There's a clip of the same guy getting tired after a few minutes and being KTFO quite embarrassingly.

But that isn't what I meant anyway. I meant "walking through punches" in a boxing match risks losing a lopsided UD. Every punch he "walks through" is a round he probably loses.
            Last edited by ////; 05-31-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

If she hits like a girl. Why didnt he knock her out or at least win EVERY round from that "girl". Whats to be careful of?
              Kov. Looked TOO CAREFUL at times for fighting a girl.
              Dudes just making himself look bad by fighting girls and barely winning BUT I forgot, he didnt win.

Comment

Let Ward wear 8 oz. gloves this time so that Kov can actually feel the punches.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    it should be factored in. a good solid punch should score higher than one of wards tippy tappy fairy punches.
                    Well, Calzaghe definitely lost to BHop by this logic.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                      If she hits like a girl. Why didnt he knock her out or at least win EVERY round from that "girl". Whats to be careful of?
                      Kov. Looked TOO CAREFUL at times for fighting a girl.
                      Dudes just making himself look bad by fighting girls and barely winning BUT I forgot, he didnt win.
                      Because there is a thing called scoring, and having a glove on your face doesn't exactly help your vision.

Ward isnt a puncher, never has been, and it was pretty clear to see vs kovalev he was even less than usual, his best punches did zero to kovalev but make him look like a fool for getting smacked in the face and influence the scoring.

Comment

Working...
                      X