Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Spence defeats Thurman, will Spence vs Crawford be the biggest Welterweight fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Yeah, I think so. Would be an absolute dynamite fight.

In fact if you gave me the choice right now, this second to pick between Spence/Thurman or Spence/Crawford...I'm picking Spence/Crawford without any hesitation whatsoever
    I feel you. They're fresh in our minds though. We saw Crawford beat up on Diaz and we just saw Spence pummel Brook. So it's easy to want those two to fight. Thurman beat a very durable, hard to stop DSG, who if anything has a granite chin and he won an SD. So Thurman looks like the weakest link. In reality though, DSG is a little harder to look good against than people want to think. He's been in some rough fights but his style as well as his opponents style makes for those rough fights. Danny seems to fight at his opponents level most of the time and can't really fight above it, which results in close fights. While Spence would beat DSG imo, i'm not convinced that he would slaughter him or anything like that, just outbox him.

Comment

Does everyone think it's a given that Spence beats Thurman? I think that's a harder fight to call than Crawford-Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I feel you. They're fresh in our minds though. We saw Crawford beat up on Diaz and we just saw Spence pummel Brook. So it's easy to want those two to fight. Thurman beat a very durable, hard to stop DSG, who if anything has a granite chin and he won an SD. So Thurman looks like the weakest link. In reality though, DSG is a little harder to look good against than people want to think. He's been in some rough fights but his style as well as his opponents style makes for those rough fights. Danny seems to fight at his opponents level most of the time and can't really fight above it, which results in close fights. While Spence would beat DSG imo, i'm not convinced that he would slaughter him or anything like that, just outbox him.
        Oh there's no doubt, Thurman/Spence would be absolutely terrific also. And yeah maybe you're right, that seeing Crawford the same weekend as Spence has something to do with that. I also think that Thurman's victory over Danny is better than anything Terence has on his resume currently. That said, idk...there's just something really, really intriguing about the potential of how a Spence/Crawford fight would play out stylistically.

I could be wrong but I just feel like a Crawford/Spence showdown would be more conducive to fireworks than Thurman/Spence

Comment

Shit, Keith vs Spence should be seen as a MEGAFIGHT. I don't really know why it isn't. If Spence gets by Thurman he will want Pac or Crawford. Man there are enough opponents that whoever ends up on top will have a HOF ATG resume.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Does everyone think it's a given that Spence beats Thurman? I think that's a harder fight to call than Crawford-Pac.
            Thurman passed the "obscure rising fighter" stage. It's time to throw him under the bus for the next guy.

It happened to Sergio Martinez before GGG. Martinez was the little known, weak resume guy that people loved until his resume became better, they didn't like him anymore.

This was Spence's first big win, time move everyone else to the side. To me Thurman is still a WW favorite. He's probably loving it though, people are really underrating his skills as a "mover" and he has great footwork and power. For all we know, he could go in there and outbox Spence.

Comment

forget about pac, he's done in the elite level or at least in the elite level competition...

but lets take it easy now, thurman vs spence is the ww fight to make at the moment...spence proved himself right about a lot of the unknowns...

Comment

Working...
              X