No announcement yet.

Brook compares GGG's to Spence's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    No question GGG punches harder doe, but idk about 2x. Maybe its 1.3x, maybe its 1.9x, maybe its 3.2x, but I don't trust guys getting hit in the head for the last decade to measure a number like that in any real way.
    I agree that it would be very good to have sensors in the gloves.
    This would change a lot of things. It would send an alarm if the fighter develops insane power overnight.

Right know I have no idea how does the power of the fighters compare. Does matthysse hit 1.2 or 3x harder than malignaggi, or if 10% power increase is a lot or negligible.

Comment

And Adonis Stevenson hits harder thang GGG. And Anthony Joshua hits harder than Adonis Stevenson. A middleweight hitting harder than a welterweight is some type of moral victory for GGG fans?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Wait who thinks Spence hits harder than GGG? I've never seen someone make such a moronic claim.
        larry said Spence would stop GGG right now.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          larry said Spence would stop GGG right now.
          That's not the same as saying Spence punches harder than GG

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            That's not the same as saying Spence punches harder than GG

it's actually even more absurd.

Comment

Some posters get carried away. Trashing GGG in any way including questioning his punching power is always a popular thing to do on this board.Brook should know. They both bashed him up pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                I agree that it would be very good to have sensors in the gloves.
                This would change a lot of things. It would send an alarm if the fighter develops insane power overnight.

Right know I have no idea how does the power of the fighters compare. Does matthysse hit 1.2 or 3x harder than malignaggi, or if 10% power increase is a lot or negligible.

Good video. Would be cool to see those sorta stats on the tale of tape too. Avg punch strength & top punch strength. Have a real measurement on speed too. Boxing needs a Mark Cuban type cat real bad.

And solid point I never thought of on the potential PED usage implications if someone had a big increase randomly in a fight. That could be suspect as f#ck or it could help figure out better training techniques if some guy is doing something nobody else is that has increased his speed or punching power or some other measurable attribute via legit innovation outside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  it's actually even more absurd.
                  No it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    No it isn't.
                    what makes u think spence would stop GGG right now.

based on what?

Comment

According to Sports Science Lab on ESPN

Triple G punches with 2,159 lbs of force.

They said it's the equivalent of the punching power of a Light Heavyweight.

So Triple G punches like a Light Heavyweight.

I also remember Shane Mosley saying when he sparred with Triple G that he punches like a Light Heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X