No announcement yet.

Brook compares GGG's to Spence's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook compares GGG's to Spence's power

Spence is an awesome fighter. I rooted for him against Brook and am still happy that he won in such great fashion.

However, I saw someone (khm khm..) claimed Spence hits harder (or as hard) than GGG.

Well, here is the claim from Brook himself.

GGG hits twice as hard, which is not surprising at all. GGG is a monster puncher MW. Just wanted to stop people going too crazy.

However, very impressed by Spence and can't wait for his next fight

From 2:55

GGG hurt him badly from the very beginning of their fight. it's easy one is a hard hitting MW the other a hard hitting WW. guess who punches harder?

Comment

Lol and some people actually think that Spence would beat GGG up and knock him out.

Comment

Spence is lanky but he aint no trinidad. Then again trinidad was a cheating chump.

Comment

First off let's get this thing out of the way. GGG fights nothing like Spence. His opponents can box with him with non of the brawling style Spence has that ends up in a clinch. GGG got a very clean, non-barbaric, finesse style.

Comment

It's only reasonable to expect GG would hit harder. He's much bigger and he's known for being a monster puncher. Spence is known for being solid in many areas. Hard puncher, yes. But, it's not like his power is seen the same way as Golovkin's, not to mention that they are 2 damn divisions apart, 3 divisions apart if the 168 move happens.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              First off let's get this thing out of the way. GGG fights nothing like Spence. His opponents can box with him with non of the brawling style Spence has that ends up in a clinch. GGG got a very clean, non-barbaric, finesse style.
              lol, you can always tell when someone has only seen 1 fight from a guy.^

Spence's "brawling style"

Comment

This place is falling apart with a black hype and a white hype. I like them both too...

Comment

Who's multiplying punch strength of guys who've punched you in the head while you're getting punched in the head? I guess Brook. Answered my own question. Yay me.

This is why there should be sensors in gloves so we could see measurements on lbs per inch force or whatever is the cool punching power stat so we don't gotta depend on unreliable info from boxers in the ring.

Boxing is severely lacking in new technology & stats. Fans love stats. The MLB has any loyal fans at all cuz they got a large segment of mfers who nerd out on sabremetics type sh^t. Boxing would attract more fans if you could legit show this guy or this division had whatever times more punching power than this other guy or this other division.

No question GGG punches harder doe, but idk about 2x. Maybe its 1.3x, maybe its 1.9x, maybe its 3.2x, but I don't trust guys getting hit in the head for the last decade to measure a number like that in any real way.

Comment

Wait who thinks Spence hits harder than GGG? I've never seen someone make such a moronic claim.
                    Last edited by SkillspayBills; 05-29-2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X