Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade your eyesight for potentially going the distance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade your eyesight for potentially going the distance?

Looks like hes gonna get surgery again, and have his eyeball removed again to repair his fractured eye socket.
    I laugh at these cowards who label him a quitter, so the questions goes as follows;

Would you trade your eyesight just to go the distance? (While losing the fight)

Its dumbass fighters who dont know how to call it a day like Margarito who end up getting damaged permanently against Pacquiao, he looks like a damn zombie now.

Absolutely not. But I'm not the one that chose to be a fighter so it's rather easy for me to answer. Fans are fickle and sometime they have unrealistic expectations of fighters. These guys are still human and it's natural to think of your health. Boxing, after all, is temporary.

It was especially unique for Kell because he has very recent memories of an eye issue and being told by docs he could have gone blind in his last fight...that's going to stick with you. That has to be put into perspective before you judge him too harshly.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
      Absolutely not. But I'm not the one that chose to be a fighter so it's rather easy for me to answer. Fans are fickle and sometime they have unrealistic expectations of fighters. These guys are still human and it's natural to think of your health. Boxing, after all, is temporary.

It was especially unique for Kell because he has very recent memories of an eye issue and being told by docs he could have gone blind in his last fight...that's going to stick with you. That has to be put into perspective before you judge him too harshly.
      This is what people are really overlooking
      Its a unique situation and he shouldnt be label a quitter considering the dire circumstances.

Comment

Hell no. If I'm seeing double out of my other eye after going through the GGG experience, I'm taking a knee rather than lose my freaking vision.

Comment

That s a bogus question. Of course no one would choose eyesight over going the distance. He had a round and a half to to go. He said he couldn't see so you take his word. But you're only going off his word. What else is he going to say? If the ref had summoned a doctor to do an exam and then said he can't continue, no one would be questioning him today. To me it looked like he was fading, on the verge of getting KOd, and he chose to take a knee instead of continue. It's perfectly understandable but don't make it a matter of life and death when every fight has the potential to be life or death.

Comment

We all respect fighters with heart, but unfortunately there is little respect for a fighter who is smart enough to know when to call it a night. These same critics who call a fighter a quitter for not being able to go on will applaud a safety first fighter who runs and clinches all night afraid of being hit and turning every fight into a snooze fest. Apparently that is the more honorable way to go.

Comment

He had pretty much run out of options at that point for victory also. He had already hit Spence with his best punches and while they at points slowed Spence down he never deterred Spence from going at him hard. The avalanche was already coming down the mountain so he either could get buried or escape.

If there is no path to victory there is no choice, and if you can win it is still a dicey choice because what is the point of winning if there is no future in fighting?

Comment

I have no major concern with him quitting its not like he didn't try fighting through it and never left it all in the ring. He was almost out in round 10 after getting battered for three rounds straight, gassed, eye socket gone, that was some truly courageous **** in round 10. He found something and threw everything he had left.

I think its a bit harsh he did everything he could in there.
                Congratulations to Mr Spence he answered any questions he had on him. Helluva fighter.

Comment

Remember Pac lied about having a torn rotator cuff after he fought Mayweather in order to save face with his fans. Boxers lie about injuries. Brook could be lying to protect his crediblity. What are the odds of a boxer suffering the same injury in back to back fights? His eye looks a little swollen, but not broken. I won't believe him unless he shows us the receipts to back up his injury. Pac claimed to have a torn rotator cuff, the media ate up that lie, then he came back ahead of schedule magically healed by "salt water and jesus".

Comment

I don't think he quit because of his eyes. I think he quit to save himself from taking more hard punches and a certain KO that was coming soon. Spence knocked the fight, heart, and will to win out of him. That's my honest opinion. I am not a coward just because I have an pinion that is different than yours. Keep trying to convince everyone that Brook quitting the way he did was OK but I don't think you will change any minds about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X