Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook made a huge mistake fighting GGG & it's going to be looked back as his downfall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    It was such a stupid move. It baffles me how they let an undefeated champion go up two weight divisions to fight such a dangerous guy.
    They must have read all of Mirko Troll Cop's ******ed threads about Golovkin and thought they were legit news articles about how Golovkin sucks.

Comment

I said at the time, Hearn used Brook as a pawn to redeem his reputation for the Eubank ggg fight falling through, simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        It was such a stupid move. It baffles me how they let an undefeated champion go up two weight divisions to fight such a dangerous guy.
        It's stupid after the fact, if he had won it would've looked like a genius move. It's happened many times before him and others succeeded. He failed, so yea in hindsight it was stupid. Khan going up to fight Canelo was also stupid. Jones going up to fight Ruiz was smart, Hopkins vs Tarver was smart, Pac-DLH was smart, Guerrero vs Aydin was smart. When the fighter succeeds, it's their career defining fight, when a fighter fails it was a terrible move.

Comment

Originally posted by tiois85 View Post
          I said at the time, Hearn used Brook as a pawn to redeem his reputation for the Eubank ggg fight falling through, simple as that
          No he didn't, Euank-GGG fell through, then Brook asked him for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            It's stupid after the fact, if he had won it would've looked like a genius move. It's happened many times before him and others succeeded. He failed, so yea in hindsight it was stupid. Khan going up to fight Canelo was also stupid. Jones going up to fight Ruiz was smart, Hopkins vs Tarver was smart, Pac-DLH was smart, Guerrero vs Aydin was smart. When the fighter succeeds, it's their career defining fight, when a fighter fails it was a terrible move.

True......

Comment

It was a pretty dumb thing to do. His career is probably ****ed now both of his eyes are broken.

Comment

Great observation. My thoughts exactly. Brook's team should have protected their fighter from himself and nixed the GGG fight. He probably (Brook) needs to take some time off and come back refocused he is still young.

Comment

No he didn't, Euank-GGG fell through, then Brook asked him for the fight.
                  You just repeated what I said in a different way.

Brook would have been offered the fight

Comment

I disagree.... it was a stupid move and I said as much, Golovkin was way too good for guys at 160 let alone a smaller man who still had much to prove in his own division. Golovkin is levels above John Ruiz, Sechuk Aydin and arguably a past prime De La Hoya who dropped down in weight himself. Add to the fact that Brook, while a quality fighter, is not the once in a generation talent that Pac and RJJ were. The only comparable situation is the Hopkins vs Tarver situation but even then Tarver wasn't breaking ribs and destroying opponents the way Golovkin was.

It was a dumb move then and its an even dumber move in hindsight. Ultimately OP is right, Brook's career likely continues to go south from here.

Comment

Khan and Brook, they didn't even ask for catch weights. And fought the best fighters in their weight class, also in their primes. That's what I think was really really stupid. Wreckless.

Pac DLH, DLH coming way down after years, old and faded. But you are right, at the time it was viewed as very risky. But the GGG and Canelo fight was really dumb, unless they at least got them to come down in weight a little to make it an even fight at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X