Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lmao! Engle goes in on Spence's 'Olympic' record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a fight where whoever wins gets a lot of credit IMHO. The bookies have Spence the favourite over here, so if Brook wins he should be able to get credit, Spence has been called a hypejob, sparring champion etc so if he too wins then he deserves all the credit.

Comment

Whoever wins on Saturday deserves credit. I don't understand why some fans discredit the other fighter as that in turn discredits your fighter's win.

This is a tough fight for both men. Each one has the potential to win and I'm looking forward to it. Embrace the event, not poison it with negativity.
      Last edited by Kungfu Panda; 05-26-2017, 03:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Ingle is so funny.
        His comments hightlight the mentality of the gym a mixture of skill and grit.
        Create confusion so the opponent doesn't know what to do, Spence's trainer didn't know what to say, he had one gear it's painful watching his brain tick over with a comeback.
        Luckily I think Spence is good enough not to need to rely on his trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by OgTripleOg View Post
          he may not have won any medals but his resume is still better than brooks lol.
          lol what are you talking about, Porter is better than anyone on Spence's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
            lol what are you talking about, Porter is better than anyone on Spence's resume.
            This is true but I think Spence's last four or five have been better than brooks last four.
            I'd forgotten how long ago the Porter fight was!

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
              This is true but I think Spence's last four or five have been better than brooks last four.
              I'd forgotten how long ago the Porter fight was!
              Sure if you don't include the GGG fight Spence has been fighting better opposition recently but it terms of overall resume Brook has fought the much higher calibre of fighter and therefore has a better resume

Comment

Sure if you don't include the GGG fight Spence has been fighting better opposition recently but it terms of overall resume Brook has fought the much higher calibre of fighter and therefore has a better resume
                I don't think you can count the GGG fight, too many variables.

I'd still argue Porter is the real stand out on Brooks resume, after that not sure there is much of a difference.
                I'm not trying to knock Brook I think he is an excellent fighter and one of the few who would fight anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                  What did Kelly do as an amateur?
                  Brook turned pro at 18. He did win the junior ABA national title but he turned pro young like plenty of Ingle fighters do, rather than continue down the amateur path.

Also, back when Brook was an amateur, around early 2000's, there was very little funding in the amateur game so guys were turning pro. Britain only had 1 fighter in the whole of the 2004 olympics, which was Khan. Amateur boxing in the UK was at a very low point then so guys rarely bothered sticking around the amateurs until a few years later.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-26-2017, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                    I don't think you can count the GGG fight, too many variables.

I'd still argue Porter is the real stand out on Brooks resume, after that not sure there is much of a difference.
                    I'm not trying to knock Brook I think he is an excellent fighter and one of the few who would fight anyone.
                    Of course you can, every fight counts if anything that fight should stand out more because he went up 2 weight divisions against a very good fighter. That challenge alone if far greater than anything Spence has done.

While I agree overall that Brook's resume isnt much better than Spence's (Brooks resume is pretty poor overall) it still is better.

Comment

Of course you can, every fight counts if anything that fight should stand out more because he went up 2 weight divisions against a very good fighter. That challenge alone if far greater than anything Spence has done.

While I agree overall that Brook's resume isnt much better than Spence's (Brooks resume is pretty poor overall) it still is better.
                      Yeah but it's a challenge he lost pretty comprehensively, one in which he suffered a serious injury. I have no issue with him taking the fight but I don't think you can give him credit for an outcome that was fairly likely.

I do think he is the type of fighter that can find something and fights a little bit at the level of his opposition. Again not a criticism.

I think we are in relative agreance but there really isn't much in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X