No announcement yet.

Despite all logic I'm leaning Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    In close fights, the Mexican always loses unless its in Texas.

BUT styles make fights and I can honestly see Canelo clearly winning. Moving around the ring does Canelo no good. Canelo should box center ring, slip and counter. Canelos quick reflexes will be very very telling the 1st 5rds. Meaning he will only have to win 2 more rds after that to secure a win assuming theres no KD's. As long as Canelo keeps his D tight and sustains a lil higher than normal punch count he will win a 7-5 type decision.
    that seems about right.if it was Canelo and not Jacobs,Canelo would have gotten the decision and no one here can make a fair claim that Jacobs is better than Canelo.ive got Canelo by split decision.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      It's not going out on a limb thinking Canelo may win.
      He's younger, has a great chin, has fought better opposition, has more experience fighting in these big events.
      G has muliple title defences. Won the world Amateur Championship and silver medal at the Olympics. Pretty hard to top that. Over 350 amateur fights.
      Edit
      2000 won the Junior World Championships in Budapest, Hungary as a Light Welterweight
      2002 won the Asian Games in Busan, South Korea as a Light Middleweight.
      2003 won the World Championships in Bangkok, Thailand as a Middleweight
      2004 Middleweight Olympic Silver Medalist as a member of the Kazakh Olympic Team.
      In terms of big events G has as much or more than Canelo.

Comment

Yes the judges are in Oscar's pocket, I agree. But Canelo lacks stamina, footwork and sheer activity. He's going to get ground down. The judges will give him everything they can, but only up to a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          In close fights, the Mexican always loses unless its in Texas.

BUT styles make fights and I can honestly see Canelo clearly winning. Moving around the ring does Canelo no good. Canelo should box center ring, slip and counter. Canelos quick reflexes will be very very telling the 1st 5rds. Meaning he will only have to win 2 more rds after that to secure a win assuming theres no KD's. As long as Canelo keeps his D tight and sustains a lil higher than normal punch count he will win a 7-5 type decision.
          If he keeps his defense tight it means he has to because of the threat of being hurt. He won't be throwing as many punches as usual. So he may as well make it a war and pray to God he doesn't get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by 123tommy View Post
            Sorry it's a baseball term.Everything that's close in this fight is an advantage for Canelo.if its a close round then 2 of 3 judges will probably score that round for Canelo. The same way the referee always seemed to judge things in Floyd or Oscars favor,that should be true for Canelo as well.It takes a slight underdog like Canelo and makes him a slight favorite
            Good point. That is a real danger in this fight. I don't know how you felt about the Brook fight but I thought the judges scoring was wrong up to the stoppage.
            Last edited by TonyGe; 05-24-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X