Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Confident He Would School Golovkin in 'Easy' Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhetorical Mayweather logic:
    Floyd: I would beat GGG easy, totally outbox and school him.
    Boxing public: That's great, so are you going to come out of pseudo-retirement and fight him?
    Floyd: Oh no, he's much too big. I'm not 160 or 154.
    Boxing public: So you're just blowing smoke about who you would beat easily but have no intention of fighting?
    How is that not hypocrisy and directly contradicting your own statements in the same interview?
    Floyd: I'm the most successful boxer of my generation. I can talk about how great I am all day and that I'd school GGG even if I have no intention of ever fighting him.
    Boxing public: Thanks for another meaningless, self serving interview Floyd. Proceed as normal with hyping up your potential circus show featuring Connor McGregor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Exactly. Peeps around here act as if Floyd is going around shouting out I'll school him. Come on now
      Are you a total moron or just completely bias?
      That's EXACTLY what he says every time he mentions GGG.
      I totally agree that he doesn't need to fight GGG but don't go around saying he is slow and basic and you would school him easy unless you're willing to actually prove it in the ring.
      I'm not surprised at all by Floyd's repeated self-righteous, narcissistic comments because that's the kind of person he is. Even in his prime, Floyd has always been all talk and very little action. He has displayed his immaturity and jealousy of anyone who is successful in the ring, has an exciting, aggressive style, a less than testable personality and a solid fan base.
      He is just a really irritating person who should've stepped out of the limelight once he became a promoter. Unfortunately, that was just wishful thinking with someone who can't handle not being the center of attention. I wish he'd just go away and allow boxing to recover from his era of ducking, boring shut down style and obvious home town favoritism.
      I don't know how familiar some of you fans are with the NHL but the New Jersey Devils used to play what was called the trap style which was really the equivalent of Money Mayweather's defensive, evasive boxing style where they set up in a 1-3-1 formation, clogging up the neutral zone and shutting down virtually all offense, which quickly gained them the reputation as the most boring hockey team in the NHL.
      Nobody wants to see that garbage style any more, be it in Hockey or Boxing. It's professional sports and elite defensive skills are highly touted but not to the point where it is so extreme that the sport is no longer fun or entertaining to watch because of the lack of action.

Comment

• SO because he was asked a question and answered it he cant keep gggee out of his mouth?

Comment

• If Floyd thought he would school GGG he would fight him.so Floyd should stop lying, itbherwuse people will suggest you fight him

Comment

• If Floyd's position is that he isn't really a 154 pound fighter and GGG at that weight would still be too big for him, FINE, that's why we have weight classes!

But then in what sense would he beat GGG easy?? He might as well say he'd beat Anthony Joshua "easy" assuming some world where weight isn't an issue.

Floyd IS a great fighter, don't get me wrong, but he is also a shameless self promoter who will say whatever is in his own best interest, with zero regards to the truth.

Comment

• If Floyd thought he could beat GGG he would fight him.

Is Floyd that scared to reach greatness! Which is what would be bestowed upon him if he beat ggg! Is being seen as unbelievable not important to Floyd?
              Last edited by hugh grant; 05-24-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldcollins View Post
                You know GGG said he could beat anyone from 154-168 stop it. How I'd that debatable. GGG needs to prove his word. He fights Kell Brook but he wouldn't fight Ward. He'll fight Floyd at 154 but not Canelo at 155? Floyd is a ATG he's proven himself. What has GGG proven other than he can knockout bums.
                As I've said in another thread to ignorant posters, show me a video where he says it, they couldn't because he didn't say it, it was Sanchez you fool

Comment

He'll fight Floyd at 154 but not Canelo at 155? s.
                  A bit like Floyd fighting dlh at 154 but nelo at 152?

Floyd saudf he'd school GGG at 160 was it? But can't make 160? There are poeople who weigh 39 stone just by looking at a donut. Is Floyd saying he can't put 5lbs on?
                  If Floyd could beat him he'd drink those weight gain powder or goi all you can eat buffetb at the very least
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 05-24-2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• When is GGG gonna stop ballooning up smaller fighters to pad his resume?

Comment

You know GGG said he could beat anyone from 154-168 stop it. How I'd that debatable. GGG needs to prove his word. He fights Kell Brook but he wouldn't fight Ward. He'll fight Floyd at 154 but not Canelo at 155? Floyd is a ATG he's proven himself. What has GGG proven other than he can knockout bums.
                      Similar to Ward saying he'll fight Floyd at 160, but not GGG at 164-168.

Comment

Working...
                      X