No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #16 - Kell Brook vs Errol Spence, May 27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Not sure I agree. I think Spence is much more methodical than people here think. He's patient and breaks his opponent down rather than change it with one punch or a combination. I would say there's a lot more fights where Brook has exploded a right hand off and then ends the fight just after.

You could see with Bizier and Jo Jo Dan after they had the first right hand, they literally had a look on their face like "What am I doing here?".

Bundu was quite c0cky in the fight, taking the fight to Spence up until the first KD and then obviously was knocked completely out shortly after.

Brook works with straight right hands and lead left hooks and uppercuts too. he's quite varied in his attack. Again in this department I feel he has an advantage. Spence likes to pin his opponent against the ropes, using his physical presence to cut off the ring and then rip them all over the body and head.

I think Thurman is significantly quicker than Spence. Spence is fastish, but he's not quick. Algieiri was quicker than him imo. Just obviously the only advantage he had in that fight.

Spence has good skills when he sets his feet. I think he's quite basic on the move.

That's the battle for me. Can he pin Brook to the ropes like he's done with everyone else? Or will Brook impose his superior movement and technique?
    Well I guess we will have to wait and see how it unfolds on fight night.. should be a great matchup..

Not sure who I'm picking yet. But if it's a firefight, I like Spence, and if it's a boxing match I like brook

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Non Stop Boxing. The name of the primary boxing forum on this site.
      Thanks aha I guess it was obvious

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        kell brook,and wide. it wasnt just to wind up the usual suspects on here, i genuinely see a lot of flaws in spence and his career so far hasnt prepared him for this. Think it could end up being quite one sided, brook hits harder than hes given credit for. Man v boy.
        You gutless punk, you take Brook, I'll take Spence, loser leaves NSB forever. No alts, no BS, just gone. Find you testicles and take the bet or STFU about this fight.

Btw, did you ever find that link that backs up your post where you claimed Andre Ward was a wife beater? It would be a totally low life scum bag c0cksukker to accuse Ward (or anyone else) of being a wife beater with ZERO to back it up, so please post that link

Comment

Not sure I agree. I think Spence is much more methodical than people here think. He's patient and breaks his opponent down rather than change it with one punch or a combination. I would say there's a lot more fights where Brook has exploded a right hand off and then ends the fight just after.

You could see with Bizier and Jo Jo Dan after they had the first right hand, they literally had a look on their face like "What just happened?" and obviously not because they were any good, but Bizier had never been down amateur or pro and fought some decent punchers. Couldn't even last two rounds with Brook.

Bundu was quite c0cky in their fight, taking the fight to Spence up until the first KD and then obviously was knocked completely out shortly after.

Brook works with straight right hands and lead left hooks and uppercuts too. he's quite varied in his attack. Again in this department I feel he has an advantage. Spence likes to pin his opponent against the ropes, using his physical presence to cut off the ring and then rip them all over the body and head.

I think Thurman is significantly quicker than Spence. Spence is fastish, but he's not quick. Algieiri was quicker than him imo. Just obviously the only advantage he had in that fight.

Spence has good skills when he sets his feet. I think he's quite basic on the move.

That's the battle for me. Can he pin Brook to the ropes like he's done with everyone else? Or will Brook impose his superior movement and technique?
          very nice analogy

Comment

I see that the bookies and I are seeing eye to eye. I was thinking Spence by close decision but I am gonna think on it. A.K, what do you say?

Comment

I thought that English boy was making progress. Look at his pick. Damn shame.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                You gutless punk, you take Brook, I'll take Spence, loser leaves NSB forever. No alts, no BS, just gone. Find you testicles and take the bet or STFU about this fight.

Btw, did you ever find that link that backs up your post where you claimed Andre Ward was a wife beater? It would be a totally low life scum bag c0cksukker to accuse Ward (or anyone else) of being a wife beater with ZERO to back it up, so please post that link
                why dont you shut the **** up for once lol, wasting a lot of time posting the same comments over and over again, do you not get bored typing it>

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  I thought that English boy was making progress. Look at his pick. Damn shame.
                  wait and see.....

Comment

dan_cov what's your take on this fight?

I'm a bit torn I had Brook but the injury and weight is giving me cause for concern. I thought Brook looked a tad gaunt with just a week to go he's normally fuller faced.

Stylistically I think its Brooks fight providing he boxes smart and uses angles and don't allow Spence to set - I thought he drifted away from it vs GGG and held his feet too long and lounged on the ropes way to long and became a victim of his own success. He is a big, strong WW but I kind of get the impression he thinks he's bigger than he is and a tear up is going to play into Spences hands imo
                    If he sticks to his boxing and stays disciplined he has a nightmare style for any southpaw especially one that needs to set his feet and doesn't move his head - if we're honest its why he never medalled at any major amateur tournament. He was a very good amateur but he was found wanting everytime he stepped up on the world stage. I've seen nothing to suggest he's come on in those area's.
                    He's decent I get the hype for once but they've done a great job matching him - Chris Algieri for example has he even won 1 round vs a southpaw? Not only that but not 1 has any sort of power at all. Hardly a great way to prepare for a Kell Brook.
                    Brook can box equally in both stances the whole Ingle gym can, all of them are taught to box southpaw. I think he's fought 7-8 as pro and knocked them all out. Southpaw styles are nothing new too him and that's something Spence hasn't seen as a pro. He hasn't faced 1 opponent apart from maybe an old, undersized Bundu who's even familiar with fighting southpaws.
                    I like Brook I'm honestly not sure there would be any real hesitation if I was convinced he was healthy. I just feel Spence lacking in a few key area's will be his undoing and he's going to have a torrid time pinning Brook down.

Have you seen Behind the ropes? Decent watch I think Spence has grown on me a bit tbh

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      I'm a bit torn I had Brook but the injury and weight is giving me cause for concern. I thought Brook looked a tad gaunt with just a week to go he's normally fuller faced.

Stylistically I think its Brooks fight providing he boxes smart and uses angles and don't allow Spence to set - I thought he drifted away from it vs GGG and held his feet too long and lounged on the ropes way to long and became a victim of his own success. He is a big, strong WW but I kind of get the impression he thinks he's bigger than he is and a tear up is going to play into Spences hands imo
                      If he sticks to his boxing and stays disciplined he has a nightmare style for any southpaw especially one that needs to set his feet and doesn't move his head - if we're honest its why he never medalled at any major amateur tournament. He was a very good amateur but he was found wanting everytime he stepped up on the world stage. I've seen nothing to suggest he's come on in those area's.
                      He's decent I get the hype for once but they've done a great job matching him - Chris Algieri for example has he even won 1 round vs a southpaw? Not only that but not 1 has any sort of power at all. Hardly a great way to prepare for a Kell Brook.
                      Brook can box equally in both stances the whole Ingle gym can, all of them are taught to box southpaw. I think he's fought 7-8 as pro and knocked them all out. Southpaw styles are nothing new too him and that's something Spence hasn't seen as a pro. He hasn't faced 1 opponent apart from maybe an old, undersized Bundu who's even familiar with fighting southpaws.
                      I like Brook I'm honestly not sure there would be any real hesitation if I was convinced he was healthy. I just feel Spence lacking in a few key area's will be his undoing and he's going to have a torrid time pinning Brook down.

Have you seen Behind the ropes? Decent watch I think Spence has grown on me a bit tbh
                      I like this.
                      I actually thought Brook looked good and quite happy. When i've seen him make 147 in the past, for example vs Porter, he wasn't in any sort of good mood at all.

I think Spence is really good, but I think people misunderstand the kind of fighter he is. I constantly read that he's quicker or more skillful than Brook. I can't see that at all.

His jab is usually quite slow imo and his defense is very leaky. His head literally stays in the same place all of the time, which as you say isn't great when you're fighting someone like Brook who loves fighting southpaws and leads with the left hook with the straight right coming down the pipe landing every time.

I think Spence does his best work when he's cornering his opponent letting rip to head and body. But he relies on his feet being set. I've seen both against Algieri and Bundu that he 1) gets caught and countered quite easily and 2) looks a little basic when faced with some movement.

I think Brook is the biggest welterweight out there. His muscle density is insane for his size. I heard dominic ingle say that they need 16 weeks for every camp. Spence might be an inch taller but he's skinny.

I also heard Porter say recently that he felt Brook's strength and that could be his advantage. And Shawn Porter is probably the second strongest WW out there imo.

But what he can't do is let himself get pinned up against the ropes. He should give Spence angles in the middle of the ring similarly to what he did against GGG when he had his success.

What do you think about Spence's chin?

Comment

Working...
                      X