Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Uzcategui To Appeal, File Assault Charges on Dirrell's Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ref clealy lost his composure and did not know how to handle the situation.

Comment

The trainer and likely his brother are all going to be arrested. His brother looked like he swung on somebody in the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScene
        "Uzcategui was assaulted, next thing you know the Maryland commission is all over us in the dressing room for some drug test we already did before the fight and we weren't required to do anything. All they wanted to do was drag him up and they sent the police in and they said we had to report to this room for a drug test. I said no."
        Hold up, this is news to me. This dude ducked a drug test after this whole situation?

If he was juiced out of his mind when he starched Dirrell, there's NO way an appeal should be supported.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Uzcategui deserved to be disqualified. That wasn't the first punch he landed after the bell.

Leon Lawson deserves to be punished for assault. As soon as they find him.
          I don't agree with the DQ . He threw the COMBINATION before the bell rang and landed the last punch a split second after it . Sure there was the earlier warning but it didn't look like he did it intentionally​ .

Comment

Don't blame them, I can understand the anger from him but I can't understand why he'd do that after he knew Dirrell defused the situation and made amends with the guy, Lawson just did something that had no place in boxing he committed assault and he should be trialled for that and likely have his boxing license suspended for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
              The ref clealy lost his composure and did not know how to handle the situation.
              No, he didn't, the punch was way too late and Uz likely knew exactly what he was doing, it was very dirty and he deserved to be DQed.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                I don't agree with the DQ . He threw the COMBINATION before the bell rang and landed the last punch a split second after it . Sure there was the earlier warning but it didn't look like he did it intentionally​ .
                If the punch landed after the bell it is against the rules. It doesn't matter if it was part of a combination or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong-Un View Post
                  Don't blame them, I can understand the anger from him but I can't understand why he'd do that after he knew Dirrell defused the situation and made amends with the guy, Lawson just did something that had no place in boxing he committed assault and he should be trialled for that and likely have his boxing license suspended for several years.
                  You are right. I can understand Lawson being angry and emotional about it but you don't take justice into your own hands like that, it was bush league to sucker punch a defenseless man.

He needs to be penalized for it.

Comment

... "100 percent [I'll appeal], I'll be attending the IBF convention starting tomorrow. I've reviewed the tape many times..."

... as taking into account the whole shit show that the "Dirrell clan" put up yesterday, one may think that IBF might change the decision from "DQ" into "NC"...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... "100 percent [I'll appeal], I'll be attending the IBF convention starting tomorrow. I've reviewed the tape many times..."

... as taking into account the whole shit show that the "Dirrell clan" put up yesterday, one may think that IBF might change the decision from "DQ" into "NC"...
                      What ensued afterwards doesn't change the fact that Uzcategui hit Dirrell after the bell more than once. He deserves to be disqualified and I hope the IBF tells him to kick rocks.

Comment

Working...
                      X