Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Uzcategui To Appeal, File Assault Charges on Dirrell's Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Uzcategui To Appeal, File Assault Charges on Dirrell's Trainer

In the most shocking incident of a busy boxing weekend - Leon Lawson Jr., the trainer and uncle of Andre Dirrell, attacked Jose Uzcategui after the bizarre conclusion to his nephew's fight. The trainer is now wanted on assault charges. The incident was caught by Showtime during their broadcast on Saturday night from the MGM Grand National in Oxon Hill, Maryland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Uzcategui!

#justiceforuzcategui

Comment

Yep f#ck Lawson.

He definitely needs to get locked up over this and banned from cornering in the future. I'm a fan of his son who's about to turn pro, but I hope boxing commissions never let him corner any fight his son or anyone else is involved in.

Boxing privileges revoked after last night. No place for that bs in boxing.

Comment

Uzcategui deserved to be disqualified. That wasn't the first punch he landed after the bell.

Leon Lawson deserves to be punished for assault. As soon as they find him.
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 05-21-2017, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yep f#ck Lawson.

He definitely needs to get locked up over this and banned from cornering in the future. I'm a fan of his son who's about to turn pro, but I hope boxing commissions never let him corner any fight his son or anyone else is involved in.

Boxing privileges revoked after last night. No place for that bs in boxing.
          What I don't understand is how Lawson was able to just leave the arena without being restrained. There was security in the ring, and enough people witnessed the assault that it defies logic that Lawson just walks away like that. When the Harlem Hammer sucker-punched the Alien, he left the ring in handcuffs.

Comment

Andre Dirrell I'm a fan but you were losing! I admit the first shot after the bell was late. But the last was thrown as a combination (not a single shot). Truth be told seems like you were looking for a way out of the fight! Don't like the rules the fight should have been a no decision! I'll admit I'm still a fan as you were a good sport and gracious but your peeps including you brother get a failing grade!

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
              What I don't understand is how Lawson was able to just leave the arena without being restrained. There was security in the ring, and enough people witnessed the assault that it defies logic that Lawson just walks away like that. When the Harlem Hammer sucker-punched the Alien, he left the ring in handcuffs.
              Fight was in Maryland or something wasn't it? I'm thinking they are less prepared in general for something like this plus it seemed like a lot of chaos all around.

Had Dirrell all fuzzy, had the ref walking around all mad, had Anthony starting sh^t, had to keep Jose on the other side of the ring til things got chilled out. Not unsurprising this cat got outta there to me with everything going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Fight was in Maryland or something wasn't it? I'm thinking they are less prepared in general for something like this plus it seemed like a lot of chaos all around.

Had Dirrell all fuzzy, had the ref walking around all mad, had Anthony starting sh^t, had to keep Jose on the other side of the ring til things got chilled out. Not unsurprising this cat got outta there to me with everything going on.
                i hear ya...what a f'ckin mess. Another black eye for boxing on Showtime, no less, for the world to see.

Comment

DQ for Uzcategui

Assault charges and suspension for unc

That's all

Comment

dirrell is going down in history as a GOAT DQ artist

Nobody is "unable to continue" on his level. He sees that opening and boom his head slumps back to the canvas and he poops his pants. A true pro.
                    Last edited by ////; 05-21-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X