Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Dominates, Stops Felix Diaz in Ten Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    yeah we all know why he was unbeaten lol
    Haha you'll get no argument from me Beltran definitely beat him but I don't think that makes him shot

Comment

• Originally posted by stevepeeve View Post
      Crawford needs a good test with a live opponent like a Broner of Danny Garcia. Enough bums to beat on which proves nothing for Crawford. step up and fight a real boxer. Even Porter the short.
      Broner is no better than Felix Diaz

Comment

• Some boxers are great for the amateur system, but they're not made to compete in the pros. Lomachenko had to learn this lesson against Salido. But it only took Lomachenko one fight to adjust. It's very apparent that Diaz is permanently stuck there .

Take the Peterson fight. You're on this guy's home turf, he's backed by powerful promoters, and the fight will be judged on a Washington DC scorecard (curve for Peterson). 50-50 rounds are going Peterson's way on at least 2 of those cards.

As a pro, you should KNOW what you're supposed to do. This ain't a Disney fairytale, where you go into someone's hometown, simply be busier than them for 12 rounds, and win a decision. Yet, this was Diaz's plan ! The entire 10-12 rounds, whatever it was, he couldn't find that...next gear, that would go from simply touching Peterson, to actually HURTING HIM!

I'm like, that's great, he's out-touching the guy. He's not gonna win this fight...he's not gonna win a decision. Wake up, on a hometown scoring system one of his punches equals TEN of yours . You better think of hurting this guy!

If he lacked the kind of killer instinct to hurt Peterson? What chance has he against Crawford?! You HAVE to have a mean streak to be successful in this sport. I don't know if Diaz should take this any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
          Some boxers are great for the amateur system, but they're not made to compete in the pros. Lomachenko had to learn this lesson against Salido. But it only took Lomachenko one fight to adjust. It's very apparent that Diaz is permanently stuck there .

Take the Peterson fight. You're on this guy's home turf, he's backed by powerful promoters, and the fight will be judged on a Washington DC scorecard (curve for Peterson). 50-50 rounds are going Peterson's way on at least 2 of those cards.

As a pro, you should KNOW what you're supposed to do. This ain't a Disney fairytale, where you go into someone's hometown, simply be busier than them for 12 rounds, and win a decision. Yet, this was Diaz's plan ! The entire 10-12 rounds, whatever it was, he couldn't find that...next gear, that would go from simply touching Peterson, to actually HURTING HIM!

I'm like, that's great, he's out-touching the guy. He's not gonna win this fight...he's not gonna win a decision. Wake up, on a hometown scoring system one of his punches equals TEN of yours . You better think of hurting this guy!

If he lacked the kind of killer instinct to hurt Peterson? What chance has he against Crawford?! You HAVE to have a mean streak to be successful in this sport. I don't know if Diaz should take this any further.
          What about Audley Harrison, Yuriorkis Gamboa and David Price? Were they made to compete in the pros?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
            You don't think he needs to move up?
            eventually yes but its just funny how its always a rush for certain fighters to move up when they dominate their divisions but when u ask other fighters to do the same its all these excuses and these "why cant a fighter stay in one division to be great" threads

Comment

• Ain't that the truth. What they say Hagler never moved up and he is a great so GGG can stay at 160. Oh but Crawford gotta move up. Stop it people.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                I remember the Peterson/Diaz fight very well. Because what came mind during that fight was that Diaz is a good workman like fighter, but he only has ONE gear.

If you go on who was busier, Diaz probably won the fight. But he never seemed to be able to crank it up to that next gear. If you're fighting someone backed by a powerful promoter AND on their home turf, you have only two options: knock 'em out, or beat the hell out of 'em for the duration of the fight.

Diaz seemed perfectly satisfied to just put in a workman performance and beat Peterson on a Washington DC scorecard...this is boxing...unregulated ...you have to put this guy on the seat of his pants. He just lacked that killer instinct.

That being said, it's going to be Crawford's toughest fight in a while. But I don't think Diaz has what it takes to put a hurtin' on him and win.
                Diaz did not win that fight.. he couldn't land he's flurrys just like last night but Peterson made it close cause he didn't throw much.

Comment

• I give Diaz a lot of credit -- sure he got beat the f**k down but he was trying his ass off. And he even landed a few really nice shots in the process. But man he was just sooooooo outgunned. Crawford's a beast, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    They could have even showed that Shakur kid
                    oh yeah, that should sit some asses to watch their cards on tv..

Comment

• First off, even if there talent was EQUAL. Crawford would of still won. Too big

Comment

Working...
                      X