No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Takes Out Liam Walsh in Three Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
    Walsh said he was mad about the stoppage and I would agree with him if he kept his hands up as that would show me he is just weathering the storm, but the guy was eating the same left hook over and over while his hands are at his side?? Referee had no choice.
    I think when Liam sits down with his team and watches the 3rd round, he will realize the stoppage was "spot on" as they like to say in the U.K., nothing premature about it.

None of this is really surprising. I've seen Liam fight before and I said before the fight this won't go the distance, Liam is a good British level fighter who doesn't belong at the world level just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Wobbly? This is boxing, guys get wobbled and yeah, it is a big maybe but it is part of the fight game. People on here act like boxing is balet or some ****, guys get hurt, often times guys recover, they may get hurt again and KOd but at least let a world title fight reach a couple of knockdowns with the challenger given every opportunity.

Some of the stoppages are becoming shameful.
      HE WAS DONE!!!! ..... he was about to start stumbling around the ring before the ref stopped it. I'm all for giving guys a chance but in this case I don't think the ref got it wrong.

Comment

• I guess Gervonta is a little better than Jeff lacy is lol #mandown

Comment

• Impressive win! Wonder if HBO and Showtime can get together to make the Loma fight - probably not a big enough fight to make that happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Yea. I got an awful feeling when the ref put him back in there. Walsh seems like a good guy. He was not in any condition to be fighting at that point though. He could have really gotten hurt as he was unable to defend himself.

^Correct. I didn't know which one, but I suspect it was the one who kept hammering on about Davis's weaknesses before the fight. I'm not big on Davis but that commentator is delusional.
            Steve bunce was the guy who said it was stopped too late. Not early.

He was talking total sense. He was explaining how Walsh were crossing his feet and was on wobbly legs after the KO.

Comment

• If anything, the stoppage took the highlight KO from Gervonta.

Tank's power is legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
                I think when Liam sits down with his team and watches the 3rd round, he will realize the stoppage was "spot on" as they like to say in the U.K., nothing premature about it.

None of this is really surprising. I've seen Liam fight before and I said before the fight this won't go the distance, Liam is a good British level fighter who doesn't belong at the world level just yet.
                hes 31
                at lightweight that's basically the last year or two of your career

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Steve bunce was the guy who said it was stopped too late. Not early.

He was talking total sense. He was explaining how Walsh were crossing his feet and was on wobbly legs after the KO.
                  Yeah, mixed him with that other guy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                    Who is this farmer guy that people are talking about. Has he had any televised fights?
                    Tevin Farmer, watched highlights but nothing live. Took a few losses early in his career but outboxing some good fighters and on a streak atm

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      HE WAS DONE!!!! ..... he was about to start stumbling around the ring before the ref stopped it. I'm all for giving guys a chance but in this case I don't think the ref got it wrong.
                      Walsh had his hands up defending himself the moment the ref jumped in, what do you mean he was done? If he goes down, he goes down, don't stop a guy with his hands up defending himself. It's ridiculous.

But I won't argue this nonsense. Some of you idiots thought the Wlad stoppage was early but this was fine.

I'm not here to argue people with various agendas.

Comment

Working...
                      X