Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo move down to 154 if GGG puts a beating on him??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should fight wherever he can. Most of these guys are weight bullies anyway. No need for him to fight at a disadvantage at 160. He, contrarily to GGG, would actually be a small middleweight. If he can still make the weight, he should stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      when Alvarez beats Golovkin in Sept. the theory about Khan, Brook, Smith, Wade, Chavez Jr., won't matter as ironically Nelo ain't going down. THe real question is when Gennady aims for a title at 168...if he can... because Alvarez is sure to go there in the future as well

Beat him with what??

All he does is backpeddle....ANYBODY can put him on the ropes.

Reverse is his favorite gear

You've never seen Canelito in the ring with an ACTUAL middleweight.

This is going to get ugly quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

Beat him with what??

All he does is backpeddle....ANYBODY can put him on the ropes.

Reverse is his favorite gear

You've never seen Canelito in the ring with an ACTUAL middleweight.

This is going to get ugly quick.
        They said the same thing about Jacobs.

Comment

I was talking about Alvarez KO'ng GGG last year. Nothing new for me. I had Jacobs beating GOlovkin in a close fight but I was wrong. Some say Jacobs won...

Watch the Ouma fight, that 154 Southpaw champ took MASSIVE and common Golovkin hooks and jabs all night. Alvarez will handle that power. Unfortunately, GGG won't be on the juice. Those years are over now that GBP has complete control

Kassim Ouma has actually fought against big guys before. Notably he fought Jermain Taylor when Taylor was in his prime and took a lot of big shots from Taylor and went 12 rounds. Ouma is known for being able to take punishment. Ouma fought off a Lion when he was a kid. He says that experience taught him to not fear anything. Dude absorbed a lot of punishment in his career. Out of all of his fights he's only suffered 2 KO losses and one of those was to Triple G.

I get it, you're a Canelo fan. I get it.

This fight with Canelo and Golovkin has a lot of questions and question marks. A lot of different intangibles in this fight where a lot of different things can happen.

Can Canelo win yeah, Can Golovkin win yeah.

With Canelo if he does win it will be on points. He has an advantage if it goes the distance.

If Golovkin wins it will either be by late round Knockout or by decision. However he would have to win 9 rounds to 3 or more in our eyes watching if he is going to get the nod by decision. If it looks like 8 to 4 or 7 to 5 for Golovkin, Canelo is going to get the win.

I had Golovkin beating Jacobs in a close one with the knockdown being the difference and the 9th round where he hurt Jacobs also helped along with a few other rounds that I thought Golovkin won. If people say Jacobs won in a close one I've got no qualms with that. It was a close fight.

If you want to be a conspirator to PED's, knock yourself out. There's an excuse people have for everything I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
            Kassim Ouma has actually fought against big guys before. Notably he fought Jermain Taylor when Taylor was in his prime and took a lot of big shots from Taylor and went 12 rounds. Ouma is known for being able to take punishment. Ouma fought off a Lion when he was a kid. He says that experience taught him to not fear anything. Dude absorbed a lot of punishment in his career. Out of all of his fights he's only suffered 2 KO losses and one of those was to Triple G.

I get it, you're a Canelo fan. I get it.

This fight with Canelo and Golovkin has a lot of questions and question marks. A lot of different intangibles in this fight where a lot of different things can happen.

Can Canelo win yeah, Can Golovkin win yeah.

With Canelo if he does win it will be on points. He has an advantage if it goes the distance.

If Golovkin wins it will either be by late round Knockout or by decision. However he would have to win 9 rounds to 3 or more in our eyes watching if he is going to get the nod by decision. If it looks like 8 to 4 or 7 to 5 for Golovkin, Canelo is going to get the win.

I had Golovkin beating Jacobs in a close one with the knockdown being the difference and the 9th round where he hurt Jacobs also helped along with a few other rounds that I thought Golovkin won. If people say Jacobs won in a close one I've got no qualms with that. It was a close fight.

If you want to be a conspirator to PED's, knock yourself out. There's an excuse people have for everything I guess.
            I don't mind being a Golovkin fan had he loved to 168. I don't mind seeing him do after losing to Alvarez.

Alvarez knows what he needs to do in this bout. Alvarez will be the first one to make GGGs jab not look pretty. He is good at flicking when his guard is up unlike pocket holders like Lemeiux or Stevens. Alvarez been riding horses since a kid. That's helps in controlling power especially on holds or inside. It definitely helps durability. Also, I think Alvarez will be even sharper than that 164.

Comment

I don't mind being a Golovkin fan had he loved to 168. I don't mind seeing him do after losing to Alvarez.

Alvarez knows what he needs to do in this bout. Alvarez will be the first one to make GGGs jab not look pretty. He is good at flicking when his guard is up unlike pocket holders like Lemeiux or Stevens. Alvarez been riding horses since a kid. That's helps in controlling power especially on holds or inside. It definitely helps durability. Also, I think Alvarez will be even sharper than that 164.

A lot of big "IFS",

I've seen both Canelo and Golovkin plenty enough to know what they bring, their flaws and weaknesses and strengths. And it's not going to be easy for Canelo. It's going to be a very difficult fight for Canelo. It's going to be a difficult fight for both guys.

My prediction on this fight is I have no prediction because it can go a lot of different ways and there are a lot of questions and question marks.

A lot of different intangibles to know clearly what is going to transpire. Myself I'm rooting for Triple G.

But as to what will transpire, who knows. There's a lot of differnt ways this fight can go. Bunch of questions.

Canelo's first real fight at 160.

From what I've seen from both Canelo and Golovkin and from what I know of both of them. A lot of questions and intangibles. It's not going to be easy. It's going to be difficult for both guys.

I'm not betting on either guy on this fight. We will see what transpires.

But Trust,

This ain't no easy fight for Canelo

Trust

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                ]I think he will ask for a rematch at 155...
                ^^^^^^^you can bet everything you have...

Comment

I see ggg beating ginger with the jab...

Comment

Forgot to mention that at 164 Canelo mentioned he got tired in the 5th and 6th rounds against Chavez Jr. and then got his second wind a couple of rounds later. These are his words.

Now going to 160 against Triple G. Like Malignaggi mentioned about Triple G's pressure having a taxing affect on fighters mentally. Couple that with the physical and well I can see Canelo tiring in this fight. But I also think Triple G will get tired too at some point. It's going to be tough for both of them.

But just wanted to mention that about 164. So if he tired at 164 against Chavez Jr. who was just a punching bag. What's going to happen at 160 against Golovkin?

We will find out Troll Cop.
                    Last edited by The Time; 05-19-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Got a better question...will golovkin FINALLY grow a pair and move up when canelo makes him look like an amateur

Comment

Working...
                      X