Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo move down to 154 if GGG puts a beating on him??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    this theory is failed. Smith was undefeated and had 2 Defenses. You'd think any other council champ would've begged their mgmt to get the Smith bout.

To say ''why didn't Alvarez chase the Charlo's'' is not Alvarez's concern as to why the Charlos didn't want to fight Lara or vise versa, regardless of Shields. One Charlo has gone up. Andrade still at 154. Let those guys battle it out as they are to soon come north. You can't blame GBP for having the money that Lara, or the Charlo's couldn't front for Smith.

Winning the WBO at 154 gives Alvarez options in rankings when at 160 and that council as well. people have forgotten the benefits. Chavez Jr. basically resurrected Alvarez 8.5 million loss against All Star. Alvarez said he'd be ready for 160 in the current right timing.

Sorry, not hearing none of that.

Since fighting Cotto the competition has not been acceptable.

Amir Khan, Liam Smith and Chavez Jr. nope

Of course I give him credit and respect for Trout, Mayweather, Lara and Cotto.

Even the Kirkland fight I was good with because he was out of the ring for awhile since fighting Lara in July of 2014. So I was good with him fighting Kirkland in May of 2015. Also the Angulo fight I was good with because he was coming off a loss to Mayweather. Was it a PPV fight, no not for me. But the fight itself I was fine with after losing to Mayweather.

But Khan, Smith and Chavez Jr. nope.

I'm not a fan boy or biased fan. I try to be as honest and real about every fighter. Regardless of whether it's a fighter I root for or not. It's way better to be real about situations and have realistic outlooks because it's just the truth.

Khan, Smith and Chavez Jr. were no competition.
    Last edited by The Time; 05-19-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
      Sorry, not hearing none of that.

Since fighting Cotto the competition has not been acceptable.

Amir Khan, Liam Smith and Chavez Jr. nope

Of course I give him credit and respect for Trout, Mayweather, Lara and Cotto.

Even the Kirkland fight I was good with because he was out of the ring for awhile since fighting Lara in July of 2014. So I was good with him fighting Kirkland in May of 2015.

But Khan, Smith and Chavez Jr. nope.

I'm not a fan boy or biased fan. I try to be as honest and real about every fighter. Regardless of whether it's a fighter I root for or not. It's way better to be real about situations and have realistic outlooks because it's just the truth.

Khan, Smith and Chavez Jr. were no competition.
      when Alvarez beats Golovkin in Sept. the theory about Khan, Brook, Smith, Wade, Chavez Jr., won't matter as ironically Nelo ain't going down. THe real question is when Gennady aims for a title at 168...if he can... because Alvarez is sure to go there in the future as well

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
        My reply to his question was "I don't think so", meaning he Canelo will not move down if GGG beats him (sorry if you can't comprehend and I have to go in details with you)

I want to know if GGG would move up since his goal is #allthebelts, once taken from him, what's the purpose of him staying at 160?
        This question makes no sense to me. How is 168 better than 160? Why should he move up? 160 is his most effective weight. Another story if he beats Canelo and then gets WBO belt. In this case maybe 168 will give him more glory. But if he loses to Canelo, moving to 168 will look like running. In case he loses he should work on avenging it - beating all the notable contenders and insert himself in the picture so Canelo would be forced to rematch him. Personally I consider this as unlikely scenario - in my opinion Canelo can win only quite disputed decision if he'll manage to survive. But the most likely scenario - GGG wins by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          when Alvarez beats Golovkin in Sept. the theory about Khan, Brook, Smith, Wade, Chavez Jr., won't matter as ironically Nelo ain't going down. THe real question is when Gennady aims for a title at 168...if he can... because Alvarez is sure to go there in the future as well

"IF" Canelo beats Golovkin in September. You don't know what's going to happen. No one does. If everyone knew what was going to happen then no one would be talking about this fight, why watch it if everyone knows the outcome? He will get credit for that win if he wins yes. Yeah he will. Even though he should have just fought him last year in September. But Canelo will get credit, yes.

And I do believe that 168 is the max for Canelo and also Triple G as far as weight divisions are concerned.

But we have to see how Canelo does at 160 first. He's pretty much untested at 160. So props to Canelo for fighting Triple G as his first real fight and test at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
            "IF" Canelo beats Golovkin in September. You don't know what's going to happen. No one does. If everyone knew what was going to happen then no one would be talking about this fight, why watch it if everyone knows the outcome? He will get credit for that win if he wins yes. Yeah he will. Even though he should have just fought him last year in September. But Canelo will get credit, yes.

And I do believe that 168 is the max for Canelo and also Triple G as far as weight divisions are concerned.

But we have to see how Canelo does at 160 first. He's pretty much untested at 160. So props to Canelo for fighting Triple G as his first real fight and test at 160.
            I was talking about Alvarez KO'ng GGG last year. Nothing new for me. I had Jacobs beating GOlovkin in a close fight but I was wrong. Some say Jacobs won...

Watch the Ouma fight, that 154 Southpaw champ took MASSIVE and common Golovkin hooks and jabs all night. Alvarez will handle that power. Unfortunately, GGG won't be on the juice. Those years are over now that GBP has complete control

Comment

No he's do more damage than good by doing that. Time to stay at 160

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                If GGG dominates and beats Canelo like he stole something from him, do you think Canelo will move down to 154 or will he continue to stay at 160?
                He'd move up instead of down. Too big for 154 now.
                Last edited by JJRod; 05-19-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                  I don't think so, do you think Triple G will move up once he loses his titles to Cinnamon?
                  Even if GGG doesn't win he'll stay at 160. That's were he feels comfortable. If Canelo gets destoyed he could feel that 160 is too much and try to go back to 154 where he's been successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    There are more beatings at 154

Canelo is surrounded by ass whippings no matter what he does.
                    By who? There isn't anyone at 154 that whoops Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      His team are good at that.
                      Dem brothas @154 need to quit ducking each other & fight 1 another. Or move up & fight dem white boys.

Comment

Working...
                      X