Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Salido is a Step Back, But If The Promoters Agree...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Salido is a Step Back, But If The Promoters Agree...

WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko (8-1, 6 KOs) is not overly interested in a rematch with Orlando Salido (43-13-4, 30 KOs). Salido is the only fighter to hold a victory over the two-time Olympic gold medal winner. In his second pro fight, Lomachenko lost a controversial twelve round split decision to Salido in March of 2014.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Loma has constantly chased the best and has been rejected plenty of times so if they give him a fight so he can avenge his old loss instead even if the guy is washed up, I wouldn't complain too much.

Comment

Expect Loma vs Salido 4 where one falls a sleep because we just need to be sure!

Comment

Pretty funny to call the one guy who beat you a "step back." But at this point in Salido's career, Lomo is right.

Comment

I do agree. It's like when Wlad did rematches with Peter and Brewster - we knew the end result would be a mismatch

Comment

Well here's my take on this.

First this gives me Amir Khan flashbacks, but Khan was obliterated. Khan somehow actually had a point about Prescott, literally, Prescott was not a high ranked fighters and had taken some losses. But still it was a rematch he should've taken.

Lomachenko on the otherhand, lost a close debatable decision. BUT he's dead wrong about Salido being a step back, Salido is the #2 ranked fighter in Lomachenko's. So he's literally the next best fighter to fight (not the next biggest fight). But going by Ring rankings, in literal terms, Salido is far from a step backward.

Comment

Salido's win over Loma was not controversial, he taught Loma what the pro's is about even though he was brought to be a punching bag and lie down. He beat Loma 8-4, totally dominated him with hard body shots that hurt Lomachenko laying the blue print for Garcia who will KO Loma. Loma's best win was off Martinez who Salido fought 2 back to back wars with him and was totally shot from those fights.

Why would Salido fight Loma, all Loma would do is use movement when we can watch Salido rematch Vargas for an epic battle.

Comment

I think he should take the fight.

Comment

Eh, If you got nothing else you may as well take the fight. It'll sell good and get good ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
                    Salido's win over Loma was not controversial, he taught Loma what the pro's is about even though he was brought to be a punching bag and lie down. He beat Loma 8-4, totally dominated him with hard body shots that hurt Lomachenko laying the blue print for Garcia who will KO Loma. Loma's best win was off Martinez who Salido fought 2 back to back wars with him and was totally shot from those fights.

Why would Salido fight Loma, all Loma would do is use movement when we can watch Salido rematch Vargas for an epic battle.
                    Is the blueprint to miss weight, have Laurence Cole as the ref and get away with over 50 low blows?

Comment

Working...
                    X