Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Aims To Punish: I'll Be Trying To Destroy Kell Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Spence looks a slight favourite to me. BUT he also has some tendencies which might get him caught and KO'd. Namely he slightly ****s his hooks, there is a little delay and tell before he throws the hooks, which is dangerous if Brook can get a read on them. If he can, and gets there first with a left hook or right hand he can take Spence out.

The blue print for Spence has to be to box early and put it on Brook late. If he goes seek and destroy from the first bell he gives Brook the openings that he needs.
    Good breakdown but I feel the opposite. Not necessarily that he needs to come out like gang busters, but Spence can't allow brook to fight on the front foot. From moment one he needs to make kell circle, make home react because kell has a bad habit of letting others dictate tempo. He also doesn't have the greatest history with sustained pressure.

Spence will be hit this fight, that is for sure, but if he can get close enough to invest in his body attack and avoid letting brook open up with flurries, he has a good shot.

Comment

It's strange to read about how good Kell Brook is when we have nothing but a clinch fest against Porter to support that claim. And all of this counter punching talk is b.s. Kell fights at a really slow pace, which is why he was clinching against Porter (who's 5'6).

It ain't going to work against the bigger Spence.

Spence will push that pace. Kell will be out of there by 8 or 9 after looking gassed for about 2-3 rounds. Then all you brits will be talking about how it wasn't smart to come back down in weight.

Brook is getting stopped. Too much pace, height, and power in the youngster.

Hagler v. Minter 2.0 coming soon

Comment

Go watch Spence vs Ronaldo Cruz. A tough rugged fighter who had never been stopped. Spence showed about 5 dimensions in that fight. Everything you could want from a fighter ;inside work, counter punching, fighting on the back foot, the front foot, outboxing, combination punching. **** was impressive

Comment

In before a Brit mentions Jeff Lacy...

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            It's strange to read about how good Kell Brook is when we have nothing but a clinch fest against Porter to support that claim. And all of this counter punching talk is b.s. Kell fights at a really slow pace, which is why he was clinching against Porter (who's 5'6).

Spence will push that pace. Kell will be out of there by 8 or 9 after looking gassed for about 2-3 rounds. Then all you brits will be talking about how it wasn't smart to come back down in weight.

You say all this, but what happens when Spence takes a big shot on the chin? Because it's going to happen, Brook is too accurate for it not to happen. He didn't look good when he did take a decent shot in the past.

Comment

It's strange to read about how good Kell Brook is when we have nothing but a clinch fest against Porter
              That may be true, but Porter was HYPED back then as some sort of killer, just go back on this forum for proof.

We all know the way Porter fights and you can't really let him bully you in the ring and Brook found a way to nullify that as best he could. I think Porter was surprised at Brook's strength. When asked recently what Spence should be cautious about, he said that Brook is seriously strong. Brook v Porter might not have been great to watch, but Brook did what he had to do so it was a very good performance from Brook.

I think Spence is a very good well rounded fighter and a good puncher too, but he won't be able to impose his size and strength on Brook as easily as he has with his other previous opponents. This isn't Algieri and Bundu.

It's an interesting fight for sure and no matter how highly people might rate Spence, it's still a real jump in levels and nobody can really be sure how well a fighter can jump up in levels until they're in the ring. Spence is being thrown in the deep end here when you consider who he's fought before, Brook is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                I agree. Where is the buzz for this fight?
                England (yes the country) is boring as ***** and Spence's personality is as exciting as a World of Warcraft player.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  In before a Brit mentions Jeff Lacy...
                  I honestly can't believe they think comparing Lacy to Spence makes any sense. Lacy wasn't half the fighter this kid is, when assess long skill sets.

It just shows the blind bias that comes out for their countrymen.

I like Brook but he's a step below Spence imo.

I could be wrong, but I think the kid will put on a show in two weeks and have all the WWs shook. *Even though they are already.

Comment

Counter punching is about timing, not the pace of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
                      Counter punching is about timing, not the pace of the fight.
                      Yes but a fighter's timing is dictated by what? How well he processes what's going on in front of him.

I've seen over 10 fights from Brook. He's very patient and sets everything up slowly over the course of rounds. Even when he gets the rythm of the other fighter he takes his time.

That's going to be tough to do in this fight. It worked against Shawn due to Shawn's size and poor technical discipline. Spence is a presser fighter with much better footwork and ring IQ. He'll speed Brook up a lot in this fight.

Barring some unknown chin issue, he stops Brook imo due to volume of punches and pace.

Comment

Working...
                      X