Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo fails in his move upto 160 will he move back down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was pretty telling that Canelo wouldn't reveal his fight night weight to HBO against Chavez. Chavez didn't either, which was expected, but Canelo declining was a bit suspicious. I doubt he can make 154 anymore. He's fighting at his real weight class now.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      This is his first fight at 160 and against a career MW. Maybe 160 is a step too far. I know he fought at 164 but that's different both fighters were fighting out of their comfort zone. That's not the case here Golovkin is a career 160 fighter that has never moved.

Golovkin fans are making excuses so i thought i'd make one for Canelo.
      It went from Canelo's ducking GGG to built in excuses for if/when GGG loses. . Just like the 48ers did and the other shit fanboys before them. If Canelo is a blown up smaller fighter why need excuses if you're confident in GGG beating him? .

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        GGG and Canelo both have about the same ideal fighting weight.They both weigh an equally lean 170 pounds on fight night give or take a pound. If Canelo loses to GGG it doesn't mean he can't beat all the rest of the middleweights. If he doesn't lose by much he will rematch GGG. If GGG knocks him out he might return to 154 if he doesn't have too much trouble making that weight. He probably was well hydrated when he weighed in at 164. He looked lean at 164 so he is probably more of a middleweight than a JR middleweight.
        Utter dog****. GGG is the "bigger" fighter. His body, frame, and goddamn head are all bigger.

Sadly for Canelo I think his ideal weight would be between JMW and MW.

Nonetheless this fight is gonna be good!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          It was pretty telling that Canelo wouldn't reveal his fight night weight to HBO against Chavez. Chavez didn't either, which was expected, but Canelo declining was a bit suspicious. I doubt he can make 154 anymore. He's fighting at his real weight class now.
          And yet GGG was bigger than Canelo in the ring.

Pretty telling.

Comment

Working...
          X