Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo fails in his move upto 160 will he move back down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Canelo fails in his move upto 160 will he move back down?

This is his first fight at 160 and against a career MW. Maybe 160 is a step too far. I know he fought at 164 but that's different both fighters were fighting out of their comfort zone. That's not the case here Golovkin is a career 160 fighter that has never moved.

Golovkin fans are making excuses so i thought i'd make one for Canelo.

I don'T know man. Gennady walking around that LHW comfort zone

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      This is his first fight at 160 and against a career MW. Maybe 160 is a step too far. I know he fought at 164 but that's different both fighters were fighting out of their comfort zone. That's not the case here Golovkin is a career 160 fighter that has never moved.

He will move back down to caneloweight (155 lbs) that's for sure.

Comment

GGG and Canelo both have about the same ideal fighting weight.They both weigh an equally lean 170 pounds on fight night give or take a pound. If Canelo loses to GGG it doesn't mean he can't beat all the rest of the middleweights. If he doesn't lose by much he will rematch GGG. If GGG knocks him out he might return to 154 if he doesn't have too much trouble making that weight. He probably was well hydrated when he weighed in at 164. He looked lean at 164 so he is probably more of a middleweight than a JR middleweight.

Comment

Maybe but 160 should be his max cuz he a short dude. sorry to get off topic but in that short video what was that cop doing pounding on a dude or lady that flew out that car? Sick...and was that a baby that flew out the car too?? Sick and sad!

Comment

If he loses the first time there will probably be a rematch. After a year at not fighting at 155 and below, I don't think it would be a good idea for him to move back down.

Comment

if (very big if) he loses, he fights cotto or saunders, then rematches ggg next year once he is more aclimatted to the weight...

Comment

At his age 154 is not healthy anymore!
                He fights at 170+ for years now, he has been a Middleweight for years.
                Get over the weights and concentrate on talent and power.

Ray

Comment

If he loses how many at 160 give him a problem? The division is pretty weak.

Comment

Naw. I think his 154 days are over. It's not even worth it for him to try. No big names at 154 that's worth it

Comment

Working...
                    X