Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Feels That His Boxing IQ Could Topple Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
    Bellew has no boxing IQ. He's an ordinary box-fighter with limited boxing skills, so-so power, average defence. His main strength is his toughness but he'll need much more than that to beat Wilder. Beating a crocked Haye got him thinking he's Lomachenko or something. SMH.

I concur. But in the Eddie Hearn's school of boxing, all UK boxers are more than capable of beating Wilder. What foolishness! Soon enough within the next year, his cashcow, AJ, will lose and then we will see what's next.

I can't even credit Bellew with any toughness! He was pathetic as a light heavyweight and has not fought other belt holders in the cruiserweight division.

Then he keeps yapping about beating David Haye. Anyone who truly understands boxing will know that David has always been a fraud - he fought no one of consequence since he started his second boxing career. Despite that, David still would have won that fight but for his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      I know you're a massive Wilder fan/potential member of the Wilder family or something the way you go on.

But.......if you were Eddie Hearn/AJ what fight would you try and make with your free hit voluntary because realistically it would be something like:

1. Fury
      2. Wlad rematch
      3. Wilder
      4. Joseph Parker
      5. Dillian Whyte rematch

Because he is probably going to have to fight Pulev for certain and probably Luis Ortiz at some point in the next 18 months.

You can understand why Wilder's name isn't even his head despite him being the American dog in the race which would ordinarily make him the attractive opponent.
      Joshua does not have a free hit voluntary anymore. He has used that up already. I saw somewhere Eddie was going to try and request one for him, but he is obligated to face Pulev or Ortiz. Actually, he paid Ortiz money to sidestep him so he can face Wlad. So, enough with the excuses. He needs to man up too - face Pulev (easy work for him), Ortiz (who will probably beat him) or Wilder (who I think definitely knocks him out).

Now, I hear he wants to face Dillian Whyte. Come on!

Comment

Originally posted by asotgod123 View Post
        Joshua does not have a free hit voluntary anymore. He has used that up already. I saw somewhere Eddie was going to try and request one for him, but he is obligated to face Pulev or Ortiz. Actually, he paid Ortiz money to sidestep him so he can face Wlad. So, enough with the excuses. He needs to man up too - face Pulev (easy work for him), Ortiz (who will probably beat him) or Wilder (who I think definitely knocks him out).

Now, I hear he wants to face Dillian Whyte. Come on!
        Well there you go then.....

No free hits.

And I don't know why you have arbitrarily put Wilder in there if that is his schedule.

Comment

Well there you go then.....

No free hits.

And I don't know why you have arbitrarily put Wilder in there if that is his schedule.
          I put Wilder because typically unifications have priority over mandatories.

Comment

I hope Bellew hasn't started believing all this **** he's saying. He fought a version of David Haye who hadn't had a proper fight in nearly 5 years, was being trained by a guy whose credentials are questionable at best, was almost certainly carrying an injury into the fight, fought like a complete idiot (but was still winning) then suffered a crippling injury.

I hope Bellew's plan here is to land one big fight and do whatever it takes not to get hurt. If he thinks he can actually compete he'll be in huge trouble.

Comment

I put Wilder because typically unifications have priority over mandatories.
              Not so arbitrary then. I take it back!

But I do know the IBF will definitely strip Joshua though if he doesn't fight his mandatory.

I can imagine the whole thing getting very political. Hearn is going to enjoy himself because he's a slippery f.ucker.

Comment

Who, other than Wlad, is the technical genius Joshua also has fought?
                Are you Deontay's brother?

Why then is Joshua receiving praise?
                Cuz he was just in a fun ass fight & besides Fury has done better than anyone else has done in the division of this next generation of HW's. Plus it was a fun ass fight.

Also, you said he struggled with Szpilka - how do you define struggle? It was a match he was winning on points and eventually knocked the guy unconscious.
                Well what the scorecards said (6-2 x2, 5-3) was wider than most fans seemed to have it as I recall it, but when you are supposed to dominate guys never dominating any of them til the KO kinda defines struggling to me. No one has been excited for any of these Wilder fights. His pinnacle so far was his title winning performance & he's been on cruise control since.

Granted that's not entirely his fault as Povetkin f#cked up his own sh^t & I feel like Wilder woulda came out on top there anyway, BUT the reality is he's still gotta prove it in the ring.

You can say whatever about Wilder right now. It don't mean a damn thing til he proves it & he hasn't.

Fury proved he was what he said when he beat Klitschko. Granted he f#cked up his own sh^t to afterwards, but even as a fan of Fury too I knew he was a accident waiting to happen & I believe I said as much before it happened.

Joshua just proved he was what he said he was vs Klitschko, old or not, recently.

I'm still waiting on Wilder to do the same. Hell even fighting Pulev would be a step up from the opponents he's been fighting.

Ortiz fought Malik Scott and went 12 rounds. Wlad fought Jennings and went 12 rounds. How come we did not hear the word struggle. Also, Ortiz went almost 9 rounds I think with David Allen - yet he does not get criticized for this.
                Go ask the Ortiz fanboys that I couldn't help you with any of this. Like I said in the previous post I think Ortiz is a pretender &/or hypejob more than a fighter of substance. I think Wilder, Fury (maybe even effed up Fury, not the circa 2015 Fury) & Joshua all beat his 51 year old looking ass.

I am all for Wilder getting criticism as long as it is commensurate with what others are receiving.
                LOL equal opportunity criticism. That's not how things work. The more attention & hype you get the more eyes you get on you. And when I think world class skill I don't think of Wilder. Wilder got where he's at via clever matchmaking, power, heart & risk taking. And those things never keep you on top very long if they ever get you to the tip top.

And that's fine like I keep saying. Wilder is already a huge success story even if he gets KTFO in his next 2 fights & retires.

Few cats can be the #1 guy in a division & fewer still can keep that position for very long.

Who are the lots of guys he struggles with?
                Please spare me the resume game & talk of old fights. I mean watch Wilder fight lmfao. The guy fights like a pissed off 12 year old black girl in a schoolyard fight. He's wild & throwing punching from not the floor but the f#cking ceiling lol. Its hilarious & great at the same time, but lets not say its good boxing technique.

Then, everyone was saying Washington was the guy to pose Wilder a problem
                Whos said that? lol. I remember people were shocked that Wilder had a hard time & was losing rounds to Washington (well again on fans scorecards cuz idr the judges scorecards)

I just hope, than when (not if) Wilder beats up Joshua, you guys can finally credit him.
                You're like delusional & sh^t. I've said over & over again I like Wilder. I said I greatly enjoy his fights. I said he's a success story already if he loses all the rest of his fights. I'm rooting for the guy. How exactly am I not giving him credit?

Like I said earlier, I am all for positive criticism as long as it is shown towards others as well. Last I check, AJ is being credited more for beating Wlad than Fury
                Who's not criticizing Joshua? Plenty of mfers have been critical of Joshua. I've said myself the day of the W that a younger Klitschko woulda beaten Joshua when everyone else was sucking him off.

And yea I don't disagree with you that Fury isn't getting credit for the Klitschko win like Joshua did. That's just the problem with being the bad guy. Ask Floyd Mayweather about that. To some cats on this forum Floyd's whole career was some black illuminati cherry picking conspiracy type sh^t.

Line them up, I say, for Wilder - starting with AJ.
                LOL you're being delusional again. At this point Wilder needs to step up vs someone or he needs to get in Joshua's line. Joshua is in the position of power now.

But I hope Wilder does fight some indie top ten caliber guys & we see Joshua vs Wilder in 2018 sometime since it sounds like Joshua will either have to fight Klitschko due to the rematch clause or whoever the mandatory is that he'll have to fight to keep his belts & avoid a situation like Fury ran into.

Ultimately I don't even care who wins to be quite honest. I'll probably be rooting for Wilder, but expecting Joshua to win. Either way we'll see sooner or later I imagine.

Have a great day Wilder's brother.

Comment

So, good luck waiting on the fun fights that Wilder loses.
                  Why are you so confident in such a wild guy at HW? Lmfao.

I mean if I'm hyping the unbeatability of someone in boxing the last guy it'd be is a HW. Hell I'm a bigger Fury fan than Deontay fan (Joshua is probably my 3rd favorite HW these days) & I still think he's beatable although largely cuz he hadn't had his sh^t together since 2015.

If Wilder was a 147lber & was on some Floyd sh^t I could see you saying "well good luck finding someone to beat him". This is HW. Mfers get randomly KTFO at HW. You aren't likely to not get KTFO sooner or later at HW. Or be exploited by a clever boxer if you are too dependent on your power winning the day like Wilder seems to be.

Comment

Not so arbitrary then. I take it back!

But I do know the IBF will definitely strip Joshua though if he doesn't fight his mandatory.

I can imagine the whole thing getting very political. Hearn is going to enjoy himself because he's a slippery f.ucker.
                    I agree on Hearns. Think all of the boxing world, especially, the fans, will benefit from all the top guys fighting each other. 3 - 5 guys cannot all be undefeated and claim to be the best. Let the all fight, I say!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Are you Deontay's brother?
                      This has nothing to do with being his brother. But if my comments make you feel that way, feel free to call me that. I answered your question by requesting who the technical geniuses were that Joshua fought but you didn't have an answer.

Well what the scorecards said (6-2 x2, 5-3) was wider than most fans seemed to have it as I recall it, but when you are supposed to dominate guys never dominating any of them til the KO kinda defines struggling to me. No one has been excited for any of these Wilder fights. His pinnacle so far was his title winning performance & he's been on cruise control since.

Granted that's not entirely his fault as Povetkin f#cked up his own sh^t & I feel like Wilder woulda came out on top there anyway, BUT the reality is he's still gotta prove it in the ring.

You can say whatever about Wilder right now. It don't mean a damn thing til he proves it & he hasn't.
                      Agreed on most of your comments here but I guess we can agree to disagree on the 'kinda struggling'. You are also right that Wilder has not proven anything. I could make the same case for all the top heavyweights but Fury not proving anything as well, including AJ's win over an over the hill Wlad. Hence, my desire for them to all fight to see who is the best.

Joshua just proved he was what he said he was vs Klitschko, old or not, recently.

I'm still waiting on Wilder to do the same. Hell even fighting Pulev would be a step up from the opponents he's been fighting.
                      To each his own on Joshua proving something. I don't think he proved anything other than Father time being very much on his side.

Also, Wilder fighting Pulev is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. Not sure anyone wants to see that. Another reason why I recommend a consolidation of all the titles. All the so-called 4-5 best undefeated HW guys fighting each other to determine 1 as the best.

And when I think world class skill I don't think of Wilder. Wilder got where he's at via clever matchmaking, power, heart & risk taking. And those things never keep you on top very long if they ever get you to the tip top.

And that's fine like I keep saying. Wilder is already a huge success story even if he gets KTFO in his next 2 fights & retires.

Few cats can be the #1 guy in a division & fewer still can keep that position for very long.
                      I agree on the world-class skill but AJ seems to get credit for some world-class skill that I don't see. This is the BS i am calling out - even though I am not saying you are implying that. I keep hearing of AJ's combinations, but combinations are typically possible with a mostly stationary target.

Further, for all the talk about skill, your natural gifts do play a part in who you are. If AJ were 5'9" and 220, will be able to dominate his opponents as a heavyweight? Same for Wilder, without his reach, power and athleticism, where will he be? So, I think we cannot leave out the importance of the physical gift.

Whos said that? lol. I remember people were shocked that Wilder had a hard time & was losing rounds to Washington (well again on fans scorecards cuz idr the judges scorecards)
                      I see your point here. I had Wilder either down 3-1 or 2-2 at best heading to the 5th round. If anything I thought Wilder won a little more convincingly the 4th round against Washington but still did not consider it that Wilder was struggling - more of a slow start. The same issue arose for me watching Andre Ward vs Kovalev. I thought Kovalev won that fight (7-5 at worst) but we all know what the judges scored the fight.

LOL you're being delusional again. At this point Wilder needs to step up vs someone or he needs to get in Joshua's line. Joshua is in the position of power now.
                      Look, there is no delusion here. Neither is anyone questioning that Joshua is the money guy in the division and probably all of boxing.

Who are the guys that 90% of all of boxing will agree are a step for Wilder? Not sure they are more than 3 or 4. The names I keep hearing are Wlad (whom I don't consider a step up due to his age), Fury (who is currently not in fight shape), and AJ (I'd like this fight to happen). Maybe Ortiz (another fight I'd like to see happen).

I think 90%+ of fans and haters will agree those are the only names left for Wilder (maybe Povetkin as well if he can get his stuff together).

Comment

Working...
                      X