Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Feels That His Boxing IQ Could Topple Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
    Tony Bellew is a durable fighter with good enough boxing ability to get his own punches off while staying away from Deontay Wilder's windmill blows. Could see Bellew exposing Wilder but getting robbed.
    Sure dude.

Bellew is Stevenson's leftovers.

Wilder would literally kill him.

Unlike Joshua.....at least Bellew has the balls to say Wilder's name...even though he has no intention of fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by asotgod123 View Post
      The only HW who can beat Wilder is Fury, maybe Ortiz but I doubt it. AJ in my own opinion cannot beat Wilder - he is robotic, slower than wilder, not as well-conditioned (gasses quickly), and susceptible to both the left hook and right hand.
      I actually think Ortiz is the pretender in the division. Guy has done f#ck all yet people act like he's the Cuban Jack Dempsey. And I'm a Cuban fanboy, but think that cat is highly beatable.

For all the talk about Wilder's skinny legs and not being technical, how come he beats all these technical geniuses?
      Has he fought a technical genius? I thought very little of any of Wilder's opponents. Bermane is good. Arreola used to be good. Everyone else he's fought have largely been unproven & not guys I suspected to give Wilder the challenge a couple of them did. Hence at this point if you are losing to or struggling with a guy like Szpilka I wouldn't be shocked who beats him. And that's part of why he's entertaining as f#ck. He's like a poormans HW Arturo Gatti or something almost.

Watch Wilder's fight and see how much he really is open objectively.
      No clue what this "open" thing is about. I don't think I mentioned anything like that. I just know Wilder struggles with a lot of guys. Washington was doing alright vs Wilder. That says something like it or not.

Lastly, Wilder can fight both on front and back foot.
      He'd do well to concentrate on getting one thing right before going onto something else would be my counterpoint to that lmfao. But I mean f#ck it. I enjoy watching Wilder fight exactly because he takes chances & don't give a f#ck how he looks. And respect to the brother for that. Its done well for him, but lets not act like someone will capitalize off of his risk taking sooner or later or just outpoint him as some of these guys have been on their way to doing before Wilder caught them.

And theres nothing wrong with Wilder losing a f#cking fight. Some of you cats are wayyyyyy to invested in this guy or that guy winning or losing. I actually think the most entertaining fights Wilder will have in the future will be the ones he comes up short in & that'll be the most memorable. And that's fine & I'm fine with being wrong if that's the case, but I don't expect to be.

Ultimately, AJ needs to put his money where his fans mouths are and sign to fight Wilder - then we can stop hearing the excuses.
      Idk why Joshua has anything to prove at this point. He showed a ton of heart & came out on top vs the best HW of a decade long period. Sure he wasn't his best at 41 years old, but I'd still say the Klitschko win for Joshua is 10x better than any win Wilder has. Wilder has more to prove at this point than Joshua now. Roles have been reversed.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-10-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Bellew has no boxing IQ. He's an ordinary box-fighter with limited boxing skills, so-so power, average defence. His main strength is his toughness but he'll need much more than that to beat Wilder. Beating a crocked Haye got him thinking he's Lomachenko or something. SMH.

Comment

Bellew will never fight Wilder. Even with the Heavyweight Championship on the line he know he gets koed cold with one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Sure dude.

Bellew is Stevenson's leftovers.

Wilder would literally kill him.

Unlike Joshua.....at least Bellew has the balls to say Wilder's name...even though he has no intention of fighting him.
            He has the 'balls' to say his name because Wilder is not a big heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              He has the 'balls' to say his name because Wilder is not a big heavyweight.
              Too bad Joshua won't utter Wilder's name.

He and his handlers know what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                Too bad Joshua won't utter Wilder's name.

He and his handlers know what's up.
                I know you're a massive Wilder fan/potential member of the Wilder family or something the way you go on.

But.......if you were Eddie Hearn/AJ what fight would you try and make with your free hit voluntary because realistically it would be something like:

1. Fury
                2. Wlad rematch
                3. Wilder
                4. Joseph Parker
                5. Dillian Whyte rematch

Because he is probably going to have to fight Pulev for certain and probably Luis Ortiz at some point in the next 18 months.

You can understand why Wilder's name isn't even his head despite him being the American dog in the race which would ordinarily make him the attractive opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Hilarious that Tony Bellew is now seen as a viable opponent for Wilder.
                  even though I'm tempted to call it a fluke, on paper he still has a better name at HW then Wilder unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Has he fought a technical genius? I thought very little of any of Wilder's opponents. Bermane is good. Arreola used to be good. Everyone else he's fought have largely been unproven & not guys I suspected to give Wilder the challenge a couple of them did. Hence at this point if you are losing to or struggling with a guy like Szpilka I wouldn't be shocked who beats him. And that's part of why he's entertaining as f#ck. He's like a poormans HW Arturo Gatti or something almost.
                    Who, other than Wlad, is the technical genius Joshua also has fought? Why then is Joshua receiving praise? Yes, I'd credit him for taking on Wlad 19 fights in, but this is not the same Wlad. He is 41 years for goodness sake, and yet still took him to 11 rounds. AJ was gassed and took almost 3 rounds to recover.

Also, you said he struggled with Szpilka - how do you define struggle? It was a match he was winning on points and eventually knocked the guy unconscious. How many welterweights, cruiserweights, light heavyweights and even heavyweights do we see going distance? Ortiz fought Malik Scott and went 12 rounds. Wlad fought Jennings and went 12 rounds. How come we did not hear the word struggle. Also, Ortiz went almost 9 rounds I think with David Allen - yet he does not get criticized for this. I am all for Wilder getting criticism as long as it is commensurate with what others are receiving.

No clue what this "open" thing is about. I don't think I mentioned anything like that. I just know Wilder struggles with a lot of guys. Washington was doing alright vs Wilder. That says something like it or not.
                    Who are the lots of guys he struggles with? I hope you are not going to be mentioning Molina, Duhuapas, Szpilka and Washington. Boxing is not mathematics.

Molina was knocked out in 1 round by Arreola, yet took AJ 3 rounds and Wilder 9 rounds. However, Wilder toyed with Arreola for 9 rounds. Vitali took almost the full 12 rounds to dispose of Arreola. So, what?

Duhuapas had never been knocked out before until he faced Wilder. Wilder dominated the match. If the referees were UK folks, they would have stopped the fight in round 7 or 8 at most. Even the Molina fight when Molina turned around, the UK referees would have stopped the fight too.

Then, everyone was saying Washington was the guy to pose Wilder a problem - the same Wilder who had been out for almost a year from a torn biceps and broken hand. Most of the haters did not factor all that in, and that it may take Wilder some time to get going. Even the rounds given to Washington were more for what Wilder did not do, than for what he did. There was no significant blow from Washington that hit Wilder. None at all. I have watched the match over 5 times to find the made up statements that Wilder has leaky defense or was open. My conclusion remains the same - his defense is not leakier than any of the top guns.

Washington had a good jab but did nothing more than that. Wilder also landed jabs but more half-arsed until round 4 when things began to pick up. Even then, one right hand from Wilder ended all the stories in round 5. Thank God boxing is a marathon, not a sprint.

I just hope, than when (not if) Wilder beats up Joshua, you guys can finally credit him. Like I said earlier, I am all for positive criticism as long as it is shown towards others as well. Last I check, AJ is being credited more for beating Wlad than Fury, which in itself is sad because Fury disarmed Wlad completely, while AJ required a second wind against an aging fighter who had not fought in almost 1.5 years. Thank God that AJ won - it would have been grossly pathetic to lose with all these advantages, especially with youth on AJ's side.

Line them up, I say, for Wilder - starting with AJ.

Comment

And theres nothing wrong with Wilder losing a f#cking fight. Some of you cats are wayyyyyy to invested in this guy or that guy winning or losing. I actually think the most entertaining fights Wilder will have in the future will be the ones he comes up short in & that'll be the most memorable. And that's fine & I'm fine with being wrong if that's the case, but I don't expect to be.

It is not about being too invested. Boxing, at the end of the day, is all about winning. Floyd was discredited for his style for a long time but he won. Pacquiao was flashier but he lost when he faced Floyd.

Ultimately, I will go out on a limp and say that Wilder is less likely to lose than Joshua. And if he loses, it will be too a fully fit Fury. Not Joshua. So, good luck waiting on the fun fights that Wilder loses.

Comment

Working...
                      X