Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Ready: Bring on Daniel Jacobs at 168, He Beat Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    if im jacobs i would take it, good money
    Me too........

Comment

How does Chavez even open his mouth after his performance against Canelo? Un-real...

Comment

After his pathetic effort, promoters should pay him on performance... he is trying to turn himself into an opponent he has no draw in the US..

Comment

Jacobs batters this punch-bag.

Comment

he's not going to be much less drained at 168. the guy spends his entire camp losing weight and as a product has very little boxing skill or nuance. if chavez fights guys his size, or good fighters of lesser size, he will lose. FFS the guy is a cruiserweight. the only reason he is on TV is because of his father. why people continue to be fooled by this con man is beyond me. i swear to god half of the idiots in the building were rooting for chavez because he was "more mexican" than canelo. if that makes any sense at all somebody needs to explain it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
              How does Chavez even open his mouth after his performance against Canelo? Un-real...

he's looking to fight again. so he gets the balls to do it becuase of the money these guys make. i heard reports that chavez made six million bucks on saturday. certainly that's eough money to check all shame and respect for yourself at the door, and try and fight again.

even if you just make 500K... FFS it's 500K you will now have in your pocket. after boxing chavez will have virtually no skills. he's not schooled enough to teach boxing. nobody likes him, so i doubt he can promote. promoting is also a massive, massive risk, and you can and will lose money on many of your events.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                he's looking to fight again. so he gets the balls to do it becuase of the money these guys make. i heard reports that chavez made six million bucks on saturday. certainly that's eough money to check all shame and respect for yourself at the door, and try and fight again.

even if you just make 500K... FFS it's 500K you will now have in your pocket. after boxing chavez will have virtually no skills. he's not schooled enough to teach boxing. nobody likes him, so i doubt he can promote. promoting is also a massive, massive risk, and you can and will lose money on many of your events.
                Who would still give Chavez paydays? Who would put him on network tv? His last fight before Canelo was in Mexico where he dragged his opponent up in weight and still looked horrible.

Comment

it's easy money for Jacobs and IF the fight could be made he would be foolish to not jump on it. BUT the problem is Chavez is toxic right now. Who would pay for anything Chavez related? Where is the money going to come from? He embarrassed his daddy's name and destroyed his brand. you simply can't put him in with Jacobs or any world class fighter not coming off that type of beating and performance. At best he needs to go hide in mexico (if they haven't burned down his house yet) take some fights in Mexico and hope enough time has passed that he can try and trick fans again into buying a fight that has the name Chavez in. But right now he's delusional and just begging for 1 more payday. I don't think it's really hit him that he lost to Canelo and the impact that will have.

Comment

I can't see too many rushing to tune into a Chavez fight anytime soon.

He'd be in better shape at 168 than 160, but Jacobs is pretty big himself. He'd beat Chavez i'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      Who would still give Chavez paydays? Who would put him on network tv? His last fight before Canelo was in Mexico where he dragged his opponent up in weight and still looked horrible.
                      exactly. HBO just MURDERED him for Quiting. Fans are screaming because they feel he robbed them. His last fight was aired on Bein Sports Espanol because Showtime refused to pay for because his 2 fights before that he quit against Fonfara and didn't look good or draw ratings the fight after that. Then faked an injury to pull out the Jack fight last year because he was too fat and wasn't going to make 168 weight. It would be almost impossible to promote a Chavez fight on any major network fresh off the Canelo beating. Fans, networks don't want anything to do with that quitter. So where is the money going to come from to make the fight?
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-10-2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X