Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Ready: Bring on Daniel Jacobs at 168, He Beat Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Who would still give Chavez paydays? Who would put him on network tv? His last fight before Canelo was in Mexico where he dragged his opponent up in weight and still looked horrible.

who put him on network TV in teh first place? got him fights in vegas? it certianly wasn't his skill. his size ad

mexican casuals who recognize his father's name are the reason chavez was ever a factor.

i don't expect HBO and showtime to take him back, but he will have offeres to fight again and for decent money simply by virtue ofhis name. england, mexico, russia, these places can actually generate some decent revenue now, and i fully expect chaveez to remain relatively active if he chooses. again, you're talking about chavez either making money or not making moey. he's certainly going to choose to try and make money. and the offeres are going to be there.

hell, roy jones was getting fights for a while. riddick bowe had a kickboxing career. mike tyson fought kevin mcbride. people are stupid, especialy casual boxinga nd fight fans.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      who put him on network TV in teh first place? got him fights in vegas? it certianly wasn't his skill. his size ad

mexican casuals who recognize his father's name are the reason chavez was ever a factor.

i don't expect HBO and showtime to take him back, but he will have offeres to fight again and for decent money simply by virtue ofhis name. england, mexico, russia, these places can actually generate some decent revenue now, and i fully expect chaveez to remain relatively active if he chooses. again, you're talking about chavez either making money or not making moey. he's certainly going to choose to try and make money. and the offeres are going to be there.

hell, roy jones was getting fights for a while. riddick bowe had a kickboxing career. mike tyson fought kevin mcbride. people are stupid, especialy casual boxinga nd fight fans.
      Fans, networks are not paying him again. So where is the money going to come from? He just quit on Cinco De Mayo in a fight that disgraced his daddy's name and he didn't quit to fighter from another country he quit for the second time but this time against a Mexican who he trashed talked for 5-7 years and who he was 2 weight classes bigger then. That leaves a bigger mark then any of his previous losses. He'd have to fight for basically free because there is NO money in his name right now. You simply can't trick the fans anymore with him. Jacobs would fight him if somebody would pay big money for it. I just can't think of any scenario where that money exists. He needs to disappear and fight bums for peanuts and likely do that for a year or 2 to get another big fight. After the Fonfara fight he needed 2 years to rebuild his name and needed a huge draw like Canelo to get back to the big stage.
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-10-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

did the weight loss stop him throwing punches...what a spoilt brat...Jacobs would murder him within 5 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          I agree it was the weight that drained Chavez, but before I'm that interested in Chavez vs Jacobs, I want to see Chavez prove it by showing a good performance at 168. Beat up a George Groves or someone like that at 168, and if he can do that, that will prove it was the weight that hurt him, and then the Jacobs fight becomes interesting. Right now, coming off such a bad performance, with no definitive proof it would be that much better at 168 (even though I assume it would be), it's not as interesting.

Rather see Jacobs vs Charlo. That's the best co-feature for GGG-Canelo. Second best, Jacobs vs Lemieux, or Charlo vs Lemieux. Chavez-Jacobs would be a distant third best.
          I'm almost sure Lemiuex and Matthysse is gonna be on that undercard but I got my doubt with Haymon fighters in a GBP and K2 event.

Comment

He must be looking to cash out. Jacobs is bigger, faster, more athletic, and punches harder than Canelo.

Comment

Seeing Chavez get Quillin'd would be a present for the boneheads who bought that PPV

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Fans, networks are not paying him again. So where is the money going to come from? He just quit on Cinco De Mayo in a fight that disgraced his daddy's name and he didn't quit to fighter from another country he quit for the second time but this time against a Mexican who he trashed talked for 5-7 years and who he was 2 weight classes bigger then. That leaves a bigger mark then any of his previous losses. He'd have to fight for basically free because there is NO money in his name right now. You simply can't trick the fans anymore with him. Jacobs would fight him if somebody would pay big money for it. I just can't think of any scenario where that money exists. He needs to disappear and fight bums for peanuts and likely do that for a year or 2 to get another big fight. After the Fonfara fight he needed 2 years to rebuild his name and needed a huge draw like Canelo to get back to the big stage.

dude you just said it yourself, the biggest fight of his career came after he got beat up by a gatekeeper in fonfara. i don't expect him to make six million again, but the guy 100% won't have trouble finding work considering that he's a chavez and easy to beat. his management probably get phone calls constantly.

he'll fight a no hoper [probably still on TV] and it will be sold that "he's back and was drained," and some of the same type of idiots, and even some of the very same idiots who picked him to beat canelo and flew to las vegas will come out to see him fight.

one of the best indicators of the stupidity of the mexican / casual american fanbase and the drawing power of chavez was the betting money that came in late in vegas. the odds for that fight started out around 10-1. ended up around 2.5/3 - 1 because of all of the dumb money that came in late on chavez. that's a tesament to the power of his name and the chavez brand. that was well after he quit against fonfara, well after he had been missing weight for his entire career. well after the drug scandal. well after the lackluster performance against marcos reyes, the guy david lemiuex turned into one of the bloodiest messes you'll ever see in a boxing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  You know he'll be happy to split the headliner fee of an HBO card plus there are alot of people within reach of his weight that need a scalp on their resume which the networks might want to hoist up or bring to prominence with casuals by pitting them against Chavez Jr. He's got two or three paydays left and unless he pulls off an upset in one of them his career is dead after that. He's now become a scalp for others and he'll cash out on that.

Comment

Shut up!! Nobody wants to see you fight again after that travesty of a performance against Canelo. Your own father is probably hoping you never get in a ring again and risk further sullying his name. You're going to have to settle for fighting garbage men at empty gyms in Aguascalientes!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      he's looking to fight again. so he gets the balls to do it becuase of the money these guys make. i heard reports that chavez made six million bucks on saturday. certainly that's eough money to check all shame and respect for yourself at the door, and try and fight again.

even if you just make 500K... FFS it's 500K you will now have in your pocket. after boxing chavez will have virtually no skills. he's not schooled enough to teach boxing. nobody likes him, so i doubt he can promote. promoting is also a massive, massive risk, and you can and will lose money on many of your events.
                      What balls? DId you see the fight? The kid's a silver spoon idiot with no character. I get it... but who dares give him money to fight again... and the people who pay to watch him fight are the ones who should be shamed! His dad should have slapped him in the ring...

Comment

Working...
                      X