Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain to my why Mayeather v. Conor is bad for boxing but tonight was good for boxin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Co signed..
    You that type. Always riding somebody else wave

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      I disagree. That fight would bring the interest of a lot of casuals that otherwise wouldn't be interested in boxing. A boxer embarrassing the best MMA fighter would also be good for the sport.
      I dont think thats how casuals think. If it were that easy, Mayweather should've brought in tons of fans cause he was always on big PPV fights. But he brought casual fans who only watched his fights and bought TMT hats. Same for MMA. Most people who care about Conor or even Ronda dont care about the other people in their weight class.

And a boxer embarrassing the best mma fighter does nothing if it's in the context of a boxing match, No one expects Conor to win and Floyd will make it a boring fight. Therefore giving the impression that today's boxing is like Floyd's which it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I never cared for Mayeather vs Conor but it can't be any worse than what happened tonight. This was a farce and I bought into it. Conor has pride. He would at least attempt to win.
        Two boxers boxed tonight, that's why this boxing match beetwen two boxers is better for boxin than a boxin fight between a boxer and a no boxer would b, B.

Comment

While watching McGregor realize he has to stand-up and take a beating because Floyd can't KO him would be satisfying.

Floyd would win but people would still be mad McGregor lost to a 40 year old

Comment

When are people going to learn their lesson about giving Mayweather a big stage? It almost always hurts boxing.

Comment

You that type. Always riding somebody else wave
              Like you n trump

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                Two boxers boxed tonight, that's why this boxing match beetwen two boxers is better for boxin than a boxin fight between a boxer and a no boxer would b, B.
                where? i saw one boxer and one heavy bag with eyeballs

Comment

I never cared for Mayeather vs Conor but it can't be any worse than what happened tonight. This was a farce and I bought into it. Conor has pride. He would at least attempt to win.
                  Only if they stage it as a celebrity fight/event, not a professional one. It'd bring casuals and they'll say something like "woah a boxer just beat an mma fighter".

But a professional fight? One that'd break a record? For floyd's 50th win? No thanks. He's gained enough critics to question his resume, which they have all the right and sometimes facts to do so. To break a record against a nonboxer is just straight laughable.

If its an outside event then by all means, earn that money.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    Only if they stage it as a celebrity fight/event, not a professional one. It'd bring casuals and they'll say something like "woah a boxer just beat an mma fighter".

But a professional fight? One that'd break a record? For floyd's 50th win? No thanks. He's gained enough critics to question his resume, which they have all the right and sometimes facts to do so. To break a record against a nonboxer is just straight laughable.

If its an outside event then by all means, earn that money.
                    Yea man cuz last night was so professional......Conor would at least try to win the fight. I still don't care for the Mayeather-Mcgregor fight but it can't be no worse than what happened last night. That wasn't a real fight. That was a sparring session

Comment

Didn't read anywhere the fight was any good ... Got a link ?

Comment

Working...
                      X