Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF was nacho thinking?...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me Chavez' mind had a conflict between wanting to follow Nacho's plan and wanting to follow his natural instincts to brawl.

He got caught in between and froze. One training camp is simply not enough for a new trainer's style to take hold, especially a style as cerebral as Nacho's.

Comment

I think the strategy was to cash out their fighter and use his size to protect him from taking a beating. Their primary focus in training camp seems to have been to ensure that he made weight so he didn't take a financial hit.

Comment

Remember Pac JMM 3?

He told Juan to take the 12th round off yet complained they were robbed

Comment

WTF is nacho supposed to do, you guys act like nacho is supposed to turn Chavez into his father...

Fck is wrong with you people, Chavez is a bum and always has been, he did exactly what he's always done, you guys act like Chavez was ever good, he's always been a bum.

Comment

i doubt they care, chavez got paid, nacho got paid.

Comment

I said it all training camp picking nacho was a mistake. First they had Chavez too damn light, then he started talking how he wanted Chavez to try and out box canelo when everyone knows he was the superior skilled and faster fighter his only chance was to come in big and try to bully canelo. Nacho just confused chavez. Nacho is just not a good fit for chavez style and 1 training camp is not enough time to re-wire a 30 year old fighter.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-07-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                I think he threw the fight. They already had the GGG WWE entrance & announcement planned. Imagine how dumb that would have looked if Canelo had lost...
                You think a proud legend like Chavez sr would EVER let his son and name be involved in throwing a fight? Why hire nacho a great trainer if you just plan and throwing a fight? Get real people. Canelo was whooping him and chavez had no answer to what was happening to him. It's that simple.

Comment

Blaming Nacho Is simply an attempt to deflect from Jr's terrible performance. As the fighter, and after 6 rounds of getting knocked around the ring and beaten up, Jr should have made whatever adjustments necessary to give himself the best opportunity to win, starting with letting his hands go and throwing punches. Head movement would have also been beneficial. Any effort other than making weight and collecting a paycheck(even If he would have went out on his back) would have allowed him to remain marketable and respected with the Mexican people. At this point I don't think the fans would or should stand behind him, even If he offered his next fight for free. In the end, Jr gave up his marketability, credibility and respect for 3 million dollars. Hopefully It ends well and was worth It to him.

Comment

Great conditioning; horrendous fight plan!

I don't think Chavez wins in any scenario, but he was a fish out of water.

Can only imagine the following conversation between nacho and Chavez sr. ....guarentee it's not pleasant.

The real blame is on jr. For half assing the sport all these years and believing he can turn it on like a light switch when the stage presented itself.

But nachos attempt to turn Chavez jr into Juan manual Marquez almost overnight, is incomprehensible! For his sake, i hope its a sound contract because id be looking for loopholes to dock his incompetence.

Comment

Working...
                    X