No announcement yet.

WTF was nacho thinking?...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Can blame the trainer for preparing the fighter for and giving him the wrong gameplan. He was still doing in the corner in the mid-rounds, telling him to keep his distance.
    He was also asking him to up his work rate between every round, Chavez wasn't listening.

If he felt up to the task, he'd have gone for it.

Comment

Nacho was thinking about his pockets thats all. quick cash

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Can't blame a trainer for a fighter that isn't up to the job.
        the strategy was all wrong, of course you can....he told the strategy from the beginning but i did not think he was serious....nacho took a loss as much as junior did as a trainer in this one

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          the strategy was all wrong, of course you can....he told the strategy from the beginning but i did not think he was serious....nacho took a loss as much as junior did as a trainer in this one
          You can't develop a fighter in two months if Chavez would have fought like his old self from the beginning it would have been an early ko victory for punk canelo so yes it was the right strategy for jr.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            as freddie roach used to say "i have the better fighter" or in this case nacho had the "much much worse fighter" you can only do so much. nacho likes money

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
              You can't develop a fighter in two months if Chavez would have fought like his old self from the beginning it would have been an early ko victory for punk canelo so yes it was the right strategy for jr.

Exactly.

So why did Nacho try to make Chavez into JMM?

Comment

He was there to collect his paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  chavez jr has never been a pressure fighter a la margarito or a big puncher as others have claimed.
                  I disagree about the margarito part... he might not have been at the level of margarito. But Chavez def has the bullying tactics of margarito..

Comment

Mandingo warrior did more work in three rounds than junior in twelve..

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
                      you are conflicting your statements....if chavez fought like his old self, he'd have tried to maul canelo on the ropes....he did the opposite and won no rounds at all and got treated like a punching bag

Comment

Working...
                      X