Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Golovkin Deal Finalized For September!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
    Dumbass charlo makes jmw ffs,& many other fighters make less than 160 at 6',chavez only needed to lose 3 lbs in 4 months,compared to his last fight,& he couldn't throw anything because canelo did what I said hed do timed him to death with speed & jr couldn't get a punch off without getting combod,you act like anyone knew canelo would this thouroughly dominate,most gigi groupies said otherwise but try to hedge their bets.
    Everybody got their own opinion. I saw a Chavez that didn't have pop in his punches. Had nothing to do with Canelo and everything to do with how that weight is just not good for a man who's over 30 and 6'1 because at that height he should naturally be about 190-200lbs

Jr said himself yea it was the skills/speed, but also that he didn't feel his power and I believe him he looked much stronger physically in his last fight 3-4 pounds is a lot when your that big any boxer will tell you that

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      Yea your 6' but Chavez Jr is 6'1 so If you say you're just under 180 a person who's an inch taller than you should be just under 190 give or take

Of course I was speaking in general 6' or 6'1 can come in many different shapes in sizes but I'm talking for a normal person with more of an athletic type build..
      I'm just saying I think your original figure of 200lbs is a little high. I agree about different shapes and sizes. I'd say I have a normal athletic build, I'm not diesel, but I'm not skinny either. When I'm "training" (working out 6 days a week, 2-3 hours per day) I get down closer to 170. But it's hard to compare one man's weight to anothers, for many reasons.

I will say this, I wouldn't want to try to make 164. 168 maybe, 164 would be hard

Comment

• Originally posted by argentinabox22 View Post
        you must be new to boxing or a little bit slow, go watch hopkins record when he was fighting at middleweight, his best wins are against a 140 de la hoya and a 147 trinidad.

Hopkins did not defend the WBA regular title

that **** did not even exist back when he was king

oh..... and it no longer exists now, the WBA removed it

Comment

Everybody got their own opinion. I saw a Chavez that didn't have pop in his punches. Had nothing to do with Canelo and everything to do with how that weight is just not good for a man who's over 30 and 6'1 because at that height he should naturally be about 190-200lbs

Jr said himself yea it was the skills/speed, but also that he didn't feel his power and I believe him he looked much stronger physically in his last fight 3-4 pounds is a lot when your that big any boxer will tell you that
          Look most fighters gain about as much as jr did,his own team said hed be around 183 on fight night & he probably was.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            I'm just saying I think your original figure of 200lbs is a little high. I agree about different shapes and sizes. I'd say I have a normal athletic build, I'm not diesel, but I'm not skinny either. When I'm "training" (working out 6 days a week, 2-3 hours per day) I get down closer to 170. But it's hard to compare one man's weight to anothers, for many reasons.

I will say this, I wouldn't want to try to make 164. 168 maybe, 164 would be hard
            I'm just saying you look at Jr body type and wingspan that man has the frame of someone who should be 190-200lbs all day long... You could be saying your 6 but really 5'11 or something IDK either way your weight is around 180 and If Chavez is an inch taller than you with bigger frame and wingspan that still would mean he should be about 190 by your own standards.. If your 6' 180 he should be about 6'1 192

maybe when you 14-23 but 164 is not a good weight for either of you guys 6' and up and over 30.. period.

Comment

Lol. That's what I was just typing. Those last 4 lbs aren't easy

Comment

Everyone know's Jacobs was close to 190 it was easy to see. Garcia was asked how much a fighter could gain overnight after weighin and he said Brandon Rio's use to gain 20lbs so it's not hard to imagine someone much much bigger could gain 25lbs

You probably don't even know an NBA player can lose 10 pounds over the course of a game weight can be lost and gained very quickly
                water makes up to 60% of the body weight. people with no education don't know this basic stuff. Most mma fighters cut 20+ lbs and they only have 24 hours to rehydrate, jacobs had 36 hours. You don't have to be a genius to realize that jacobs could've EASILY put on 20 lbs in 36 hs

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  Lol. That's what I was just typing. Those last 4 lbs aren't easy
                  Not even that people forget that man is 6'1 and I don't know anybody 6'1 over 30 that could get down to 164 and be completely healthy...you have some freaks of nature out there like Danny Jacobs but it's few people that can do it..

Most people I know over 30 and 6'1 are like 200lbs and still look skinny...

not saying it would have won JR the fight but I think he would of did a little more had he felt his power. Him shaking his legs out before the bell even rung and asking for water after the 1st wasn't a good sign for me it was telltale signs of weight issues
                  Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 05-07-2017, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• This is the best news of the year. Only thing that could come close is Joshua vs wilder. But wilder ain't got the balls. GGG by late rounds knockout.

Comment

• G-String divas are already searching for excuses when Canelo whips this fool.

Comment

Working...
                      X