Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Castellanos Drops Gamboa Twice, Makes Him Quit After Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Sure, you don't like it. And a lot of other fans don't like it. But you're not the guy in there taking the whacks, and dealing with who knows what other mental garbage. This is a lot more complicated than merely quitting.
    So he couldnt come out for the next round and the first shot that lands, take a knee for 10 Seconds and get counted out? Same result, but looks 100 Times better than quitting on his stool. Just Saying.

Comment

• So far every golden boy on ESPN card has been entertaining. This series is off to a great start.

Comment

• That's the reason why in my signature is the word: FEATS.

Castellanos is a natural 126 pounds.

Castellanos last fight was 14 months ago.

Castellanos was K.O'ed in his last fight.

And the dude went to the ring and K.O'ed the **** out the ass of Gamboa.

This is normal in mexican boxing...

Comment

• Gamboa lost?!??

To a 23-12 fighter??

Comment

• Such a wasted talent. Gamboa was fighting like he was in bar fight. There was no technique just throwing a lot of slapping punches. I hope he calls it a career... I don't see how he recovers from this.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
              So he couldnt come out for the next round and the first shot that lands, take a knee for 10 Seconds and get counted out? Same result, but looks 100 Times better than quitting on his stool. Just Saying.
              So, really, what's the difference? It's all about the look? He could've come out for the next round and intentionally gone down on the first shot that landed. I've seen it happen. Is that really better? We would all know he gave up. I'm not saying you should feel the way I do. I'm just saying he made his decision to end his career tonight. And if he found another way to go out with a whimper, it wouldn't have made a difference. Not to me, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                Gamboa lost this fight before it even started. Big mistake not having Diaz or Salas in his corner.

People forget Castellanos was beating Escandon handily before the clash of heads that caused his nose to break. He also upset the highly regarded Ronnie Rios years back.

Castellanos vs Corrales next?

Rojas was a smart signing for Golden Boy Promotions. He ran through Lopez. Look forward to seeing him more.

Solid won by Falcoa. Want to see him versus Gutirrez next.

Very good series so far Golden Boy Promotions.
                Great point the fact that his previous trainers didn't want anything to do with him should of been a sign. That he was no longer a serious fighter.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-05-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Just sad...

Comment

• Crawford took Gamboa's soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      So, really, what's the difference? It's all about the look? He could've come out for the next round and intentionally gone down on the first shot that landed. I've seen it happen. Is that really better? We would all know he gave up. I'm not saying you should feel the way I do. I'm just saying he made his decision to end his career tonight. And if he found another way to go out with a whimper, it wouldn't have made a difference. Not to me, anyway.
                      Ya, its about the look, for me anyway. Anyone can get KO'd, so it doesn't look as bad as quitting. I dont Know if he has kids, but if he does, does he want them to think he quit in his Final Fight? At least if he got counted out, the feeling was ambiguous. Quitting is just quitting. Just get counted out, And everyone Says he went out like a Warrior.
                      Literally, after 2 jabs, just take a knee for 10 Seconds. Then we wouldnt even be having this discussion now. I would be Saying, that hey, he tried, and just got beaten by a better man 2Day. Instead, he quit on his stool. Optics are horrible.
                      Last edited by HAMMER77777; 05-05-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X