Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you who think Mike Tyson was overrated, I have a challenge for you here:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post
    Any subjective, emotional, irrational or any other statements you've heard that is not based on objectivity is irrelevant. Only objective points matter in this thread I've created.

Even if people believed Mike Tyson was some kind of a superman despite his lack of size, it doesn't change the fact that he was an extremely small heavyweight who could only achieve so much until he reached his upper limits.

So those points you've heard are all points not based on objectivity. This is a question of if Mike Tyson was 'overrated' from on objective standpoint, not a subjective on/ Any fanboy of any boxer could overrate their fav boxer by making it seem like they're somehow superhuman.

Do you realize how absurd and ridiculous that notion / idea is? We're talking about a 5 foot 10 midget with a reach of 71 inch (shorter than Floyd Mayweather Jr's) fighting guys who are almost always bigger than him (in height, reach and weight) and a lot of the times by a huge margin. Yet, you're going to tell me Mike Tyson was the bully despite being at a disadvantage in size against virtually every opponent? You'd have a point if Mike Tyson was a 7 foot giant ALWAYS fighting guys 5 inches or more shorter than him in height and reach and over 20 or 30 pounds lighter than him in weight. That isn't the case. If anything, it should've been Mike Tyson that was bullied considering his opponents were all much bigger than him.

Even in the animal kingdom, the bigger animal almost always holds the dominance whilst the smaller one doesn't. Thus, the bigger animal is more likely to bully the smaller animal than vice versa. The same applies in the case of Mike Tyson and his opponents. Saying Mike Tyson was a bully to his opponents is like saying a high school kid who is only 5 foot 5 and weighs 150 pounds is bullying college quarterbacks that are above 6 feet tall and weigh near 300 pounds. Realize how absurd that sounds?

Either way, even if Mike Tyson was a bully (not that I agree), considering the fact that he was smaller in size than virtually any of his opponents, he should be credited more for it than discredited because a smaller man should never be able to bully bigger sized men as consistently as Mike Tyson did. Whereas if Mike Tyson wasn't a bully and if his opponents were the bullies, then Mike Tyson should still be credited for being able to stand up to those bigger sized bullies despite being outsized as often as he did.

Being a fan is irrelevant to this thread. This is purely an objective evaluation of Mike Tyson as a HEAVYWEIGHT boxer. Thus, facts must be used!
    being exposed makes a persons flaws that more evident. while he was bashing BUMS, no mention of size. now that its all said and done, and again, his flaws are readily evident, hes a midget.

go on and have the last say because this was mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post
      Evander Holyfield was 6 foot 2 and had a 77 inch reach. Yet, he had to go life and death against possibly a blown up light heavyweight (Mike Tyson).
      at the bold !!!!!!!!!!!!

i bet this was the very 1st time you ever typed this piece of bullshlt

what will uber fans think of next ?!?!?!?!?

thanks for telling me the odds on those fights !!!!

Comment

Physically the greatest heavyweight of all time. Resume though I'm not educated enuf to place him.
        I wonder where Tyson ranks himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          being exposed makes a persons flaws that more evident. while he was bashing BUMS, no mention of size. now that its all said and done, and again, his flaws are readily evident, hes a midget.

go on and have the last say because this was mine.

Just because SOME people were blowing out Mike Tyson's capabilities out of proportions doesn't mean everybody else was (like me for example). Just because SOME people were overlooking Mike Tyson's size disadvantages doesn't mean everybody else was (like me for example).

Just for your information, I always knew deep down that a skilled big heavyweight like Lennox Lewis at his peak would've beaten any version of Mike Tyson. In fact, I deep down believed that no version of Mike Tyson had much of a chance against a peak super heavyweight like Lennox Lewis or the Klitschkos. Mind you, that was whilst he was still unbeaten and looking invincible to other uneducated and naive boxing fans. So no, it wasn't just because he lost that I started calling him a small heavyweight but because I knew from the start that he could only do so much with his size limitations as opponents became heavier and bigger combined with skills.

I don't remember anybody else taking into as much consideration Mike Tyson's size disadvantages as I am right now. I challenge you to find anybody else that were. So it's not an excuse that started from Mike Tyson losing.

My points were facts or based on facts! Mike Tyson was undoubtedly a heavyweight much smaller than average (in height, weight and reach). Mike Tyson was regularly facing opponents bigger than himself consistently bout in bout out.

Mike Tyson's accomplishments relative to his size is greater than any heavyweight P4P and inch for inch at modern heavyweight. I challenge anybody to find a heavyweight boxer who was the same size as Mike Tyson but achieved as much or someone who beat opponents much bigger relative to themselves as Mike Tyson had.

Comment

at the bold !!!!!!!!!!!!

i bet this was the very 1st time you ever typed this piece of bullshlt

what will uber fans think of next ?!?!?!?!?

thanks for telling me the odds on those fights !!!!

Then tell me why is there rarely any other heavyweight of Mike tyson's size (height, weight and reach) competing at heavyweight today? Much less, why isn't there any other heavyweight of Mike Tyson's size (height, weight and reach) competing AT THE TOP LEVEL in today's heavyweight boxing? I'll tell you why, because nobody at Mike Tyson's size is as good or has been as good at modern heavyweight as Mike Tyson was.

Otherwise, if Mike Tyson was so overrated, then the likes of Andre Ward, Sergey Kovalev and GGG who are all taller or roughly the same as Mike Tyson would easily accomplish what Mike Tyson did at heavyweight.

Mike Tyson's accomplishments at heavyweight was unique, distinctive and special which were and probably won't ever be reached. Thus, it's impossible for Mike Tyson to be 'overrated'!

Comment

getting past this opening paragraph was impossible. tyson came around at the absolute perfect time. similar to marciano.

for tyson, all he did was take out the trash (berbick, thomas, smith and tucker ?!?!?!?!?). the crackhead era was hysterical. tyson created an image not much different than brian bosworth did.

in the end, tyson NEVER BEAT A PRIME LEGIT GUY IN HIS CAREER.

his ''best'' wins~
              post prime tucker
              hyped razor
              the truth was ok

Lol spinks.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                Lol spinks.....
                what about him ? that it was obvious he was only in there for the money

Comment

Working...
                X