No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn Thread Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brz_Pugilist View Post
    Yes it was a robbery because I don't see how you can give horn 7 rounds. Even the second round looked very close
    You don't see it but I don't think you are thinking rationally.

There's definitely 7 rounds you can give Horn.

Going into the second half of the fight, Horn became the bookies favourite to win the decision. There's a reason for that.

Close fight. Clearly!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
        I thought Horn put up a great fight, but I just can't see how anyone could have had him winning. 116-112 or worst case scenario 115-113 for Pacquiao.

I am not directing this toward you because you seem like a decent unbiased member here, but the majority seem to agree with the punch stats when the numbers favor their fighter and disagree with the numbers when they are against their fighter.
        I disagree because I had Horn winning.

Rooting for the Pacman though.

I think the best thing to do in regards to punch stats is not pay attention all together. Clearly a flawed system.

And those ones seem pretty far off in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          You don't see it but I don't think you are thinking rationally.

There's definitely 7 rounds you can give Horn.

Going into the second half of the fight, Horn became the bookies favourite to win the decision. There's a reason for that.

Close fight. Clearly!
          Yeah, people were live betting on Horn winning after seeing about half the fight. I did notice that, and could see enough rounds for Horn to understand that perspective.

It was way more competitive than the announcers are trying to make it seem.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            This was a tough fight for Manny Pacquiao. I congratulate and give all props and tip my hat to Jeff Horn on a hard fought victory. While, he was game and put up a very spirited effort; Yet he did not win this fight tonight but Manny Pacquiao did.

Manny is looking much older now and should just retire. He struggled with an handpicked, over matched, overachieving and heavy underdog opponent whom he was expected to knock out and mop the floor with but failed.

This was a very tough and grueling bout for the soon to be 39 year old Manny Pacquiao and we don't know just how much he has left in the tank after a fight like this and overall career which has spanned over 22 years.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he gets knocked out in the rematch.
            I'm surprised he didn't get knocked out tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Yeah, people were live betting on Horn winning after seeing about half the fight. I did notice that, and could see enough rounds for Horn to understand that perspective.

It was way more competitive than the announcers are trying to make it seem.
                I had Horn ahead going into the second half.

Pacquaio's experience turned it round and made it very close down the strech. But even those last few rounds were competitive.

A lot of close rounds.

Pac was tired after failing to get him out of there in the 9th.

Great fight but sad for the Pacman. Got to hang them up now.

Comment

I disagree because I had Horn winning.

Rooting for the Pacman though.

I think the best thing to do in regards to punch stats is not pay attention all together. Clearly a flawed system.

And those ones seem pretty far off in my eyes.
                  At the end of the day, one fact remains, Pacquiao Is nowhere near what he once was. He needs to retire now.

Comment

I had Horn ahead going into the second half.

Pacquaio's experience turned it round and made it very close down the strech. But even those last few rounds were competitive.

A lot of close rounds.

Pac was tired after failing to get him out of there in the 9th.

Great fight but sad for the Pacman. Got to hang them up now.
                    I wouldn't be mad a rematch doe but otherwise does look like Pacquiao is shot

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      I wouldn't be mad a rematch doe but otherwise does look like Pacquiao is shot
                      Can't complain with a rematch.

But man, Pacquaio didn't attempt to even throw combinations.

Manny Pacquaio. No combinations.

Sad to even say.

Comment

Working...
                      X