No announcement yet.

what does wilder do better than joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    A knockdown in sparring and 'lights turned out' are not quite the same.

We've seen Wilder down against Sconiers, we've seen him rocked by Molina and Nichols. This is bum level opposition.
    You're seriously arguing this shyt??
    AJ fanboys are quickly becoming the worst. David fking Price... Lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      You're seriously arguing this shyt??
      AJ fanboys are quickly becoming the worst. David fking Price... Lol..
      I'm far from a Joshua fanboy He sparred Price 7 years ago, he had been boxing for 2 years.

He's simply a really good, exciting HW who can elevate the sport.

Comment

He has better stamina, he does have great power but against so so level of opposition. People keep saying that if Wlad could land the right hand then Wilder will, that is simply not the case. Even at this advanced age Wlad has a far better 1-2 than Wilder will ever have, Wilder has had a lot of difficulty with guys that were in and around his height range and none of those guys were as good as Joshua. Wilder also isn't very good defensively, his defence is backpedalling with his arms and chin up in the air. Duhuapas, Spzilka and Washington found him on a regular basis.

Power and horrid technique will only get you so far and as far as quality opposition goes, Wilder hasn't gone very far at all. Joshua is actually a huge step up for Wilder and people seem to be ignoring this and its a huge factor considering Wilder does so many things wrong.

Joshua folds him inside of 6 when it happens.

It's a worthwhile fight because Wilder has a belt, an 0 and a big right hand..... thats it really.
        Last edited by NaijaD; 05-01-2017, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Joshua is a statue that stands in front of you. He doesn't have the stamina to move around the ring. Wlad could've won that fight 6 times but he's gun shy, like I've been saying for the past 17 months.

And to be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the way Joshua was getting his punches off. Minus a couple good exchanges in the fight I didn't think Joshua's punches were all that crisp. Overall I really enjoyed the fight but I really wasn't all that impressed with Joshua.

Comment

He moves better than Joshua and he just looks more fluid against lesser opponents so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Joshua is a statue that stands in front of you. He doesn't have the stamina to move around the ring. Wlad could've won that fight 6 times but he's gun shy, like I've been saying for the past 17 months.

And to be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the way Joshua was getting his punches off. Minus a couple good exchanges in the fight I didn't think Joshua's punches were all that crisp. Overall I really enjoyed the fight but I really wasn't all that impressed with Joshua.
              Definitely impress with Joshua, he made Wlad fight which no one has manage to do for a while, and he got up from a monsterous right hand that should KO someone with 4 years of fighting experience at pro level.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Definitely impress with Joshua, he made Wlad fight which no one has manage to do for a while, and he got up from a monsterous right hand that should KO someone with 4 years of fighting experience at pro level.
                41 years old coming off of a 17 month layoff. If Joshua fights Fury next Fury would be coming off of a 2 year coke bender. Prior to that the unimpressive Charles Martin. I'm not buying all the hype of Joshua. He's cherry picking his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  41 years old coming off of a 17 month layoff. If Joshua fights Fury next Fury would be coming off of a 2 year coke bender. Prior to that the unimpressive Charles Martin. I'm not buying all the hype of Joshua. He's cherry picking his opponents.
                  And on the flip side, he was a 18 pro fight novice, 4 years as a pro who is still finding his feet. Cherry picking? Really... ok lol

Comment

WINDMILLS! He's perfected the technique of "Windmilling".

Comment

He's taller, faster and far looser than Joshua the way I see it. He's nowhere near as coordinated, probably has similar enough power and not as good a chin and has much worse/wider/sloppier/more reckless technique. Wilder's fight with Stiverne showed he can box and if you're comparing best for best you have to look at his boxing ability in that fight as much as you have to look at the fact that he doesn't normally box like that. If Wilder has Joshua hurt like Wlad did, he won't back off like Wlad did. It's not his temperament. I pick Joshua but I don't think Wilder wouldn't be dangerous. He's dangerous to anybody.

Comment

Working...
                      X