No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko at 42 was able to fight like an energizer bunny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko at 42 was able to fight like an energizer bunny

I was shocked, I predicted this fight to be boring both guys holding and tired.

I never expected to see what I saw from Wlad, where did this come from? I remember him being conservative after gassing bad against Brewster, but at his age he was fighting like a young man with tons of energy and at heayweight.

He was dancing on his feet jumping up and down, throwing more shots, able to recover in between rounds.

If Wlad fought like this when he fought in America he would have been an exciting fighter to watch, why did he all of a sudden decide to go for broke, after years of playing it safe, why now at his age did he finally put on a show with his aggression and movement?

whatever he did he should help his fighter GGG out, give GGG the secret to that new found energy and stamina he needs it he looks like a slow snail who can barely throw punches after 6 rounds now.

He's 41...he's old enough without adding any extra years to his bio...and yeah he was great. Almost pulled it off but didn't disappoint by any measure.

Comment

Wlad looked a milion dollars at times in those middle rounds. Seeing him up close, with his feet so quick and so educated, his ability to judge distance, the way he feinted with his lead hand and hit AJ again and again with right hands, it was a thing of beauty. In losing, in his twilight, I think we saw the best version of Wlad.

It's a same someone had to lose.

Comment

Wlad is very, very smart. He knew his conditioning had to be perfect.

I won't say he gave the fight away, that would be unfair to Joshua but...

He had a golden opportunity to finish Joshua in the 6th.

Comment

Because this was the rare opponent who was bigger, stronger and younger than he is, so his normal style wouldn't have been as effective for this fight. Throw in the fact that he really had nothing to lose in this fight and I think you can see why Wlad decided to fight in this way. I think the long layoff actually helped refresh his body as well.

Comment

What fight were you watching? Wlad was still very cautious and conservative. He allowed Joshua to rest in the mid rounds when Wlad should have been putting more pressure on and throwing more punches.

Comment

You'll be surprised what motivation does to a person.

Comment

he used to fight like this and got ktfo 3 times. he fought like this and got ktfo again. question answered?

Comment

Working...
                X