Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many 28-year-olds have a better resume than Keith Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    Bwahahahah Shawn is borderline skill less. He is just really athletic, in phenomenal shape and has a bullish mentality. I watched every second of the Berto fight and was offended at what I watched. It's the type of boxing I absolutely hate, though it works for him.
    People have the nerve to complain about ward's style yet they give porter pass....at least ward can throw proper punch.
    Last edited by Xi_; 04-27-2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Porter won nearly 300 amateur fights, he was an Olympic alternate and beat guys like Andrade, Usyk, Jacobs etc who are very skilled. As a pro he's beaten guys like Alexander, Broner, Berto, Pauli etc who aren't A level, but former world champs and battle-tested. You don't reach the level Porter has reached without being very skilled.

As for the first Diaz fight, I had Porter winning it, but regardless, many great fighters throughout history have struggled and lost against lower level opposition, it's a part of boxing. Porter made adjustments in a rematch and showed that he's a level above Diaz in the end.
      if we hold porter to the same standards like we do every other A level fighter and start dissecting his style and resume you'll realize he isn't even close to being an A level fighter......he doesn't pass the eye test and his resume is pretty average at best for a so called "A level" guy.

Comment

I've been seeing a few videos on youtube discussing how underrated Thurman is and why he doesn't get much love. So it got me thinking, how many active fighters 28 or under, have a better resume than Thurman? The only fighter I can really make a case for is Canelo.

Porter B+ (A-)
        Garcia B+ (A-)
        Chaves B (B+)
        Collazo B
        Guerrero B
        Bundu C+
        Karass C+
        Diaz C+
        Quintana C+

A solid resume like that along with being the unified champ and #1 guy in the most loaded and marketable division in boxing, should be enough for him to get more recognition.
        You asked a simple question and laid out your case. Instead of answering your question they wanna pick apart his resume. But their favorite fighters resume don't compare.

Comment

its Thurman and Canelo for sure the best resumes at theyr age.

Comment

Thurman does have a good resume and bottom line is he wins fights. He could be more dominant but that's not a knock against him. The only thing I dislike about Thurman is that since 2014 he's been a twice a year fighter, wish he would fight more.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              You asked a simple question and laid out your case. Instead of answering your question they wanna pick apart his resume. But their favorite fighters resume don't compare.
              I think the expectations for this generation are a bit too high when you consider the politics, the landscape of the sport isn't the same anymore. You can't compare old school guys to today's guys because today's guys aren't as active, which means it's harder for them to stay in the public eye, it's mostly not their fault, but it's just the way it is now.

But yeah, you can pick apart anyone's resume if you look closely enough.

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              Thurman does have a good resume and bottom line is he wins fights. He could be more dominant but that's not a knock against him. The only thing I dislike about Thurman is that since 2014 he's been a twice a year fighter, wish he would fight more.
              True, he definitely needs to try and stay more active, but I don't think he's entirely in control. When you reach the level Thurman is at, only a certain level of opposition is good enough, you have to get the right dates etc. But 3 fights a year would be ideal.

Comment

I've been seeing a few videos on youtube discussing how underrated Thurman is and why he doesn't get much love. So it got me thinking, how many active fighters 28 or under, have a better resume than Thurman? The only fighter I can really make a case for is Canelo.

Porter B+ (A-)
                Garcia B+ (A-)
                Chaves B (B+)
                Collazo B
                Guerrero B
                Bundu C+
                Karass C+
                Diaz C+
                Quintana C+

A solid resume like that along with being the unified champ and #1 guy in the most loaded and marketable division in boxing, should be enough for him to get more recognition.
                probably Canelo, going with how you rate fighters (I normally do it more stricter):

Lara A-
                Trout B+
                Cotto B+
                Khan B+
                Smith C+
                Kirkland C+
                Angulo C+
                Mosley C
                Lopez C
                Cintron C-

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  probably Canelo, going with how you rate fighters (I normally do it more stricter):

Lara A-
                  Trout B+
                  Cotto B+
                  Khan B+
                  Smith C+
                  Kirkland C+
                  Angulo C+
                  Mosley C
                  Lopez C
                  Cintron C-
                  That seems fair. Chavez Jr will be another B- addition to his resume.

Comment

Porter B+ (A-)
                    Garcia B+ (A-)
                    Chaves B (B+)
                    Collazo B
                    Guerrero B
                    Bundu C+
                    Karass C+
                    Diaz C+
                    Quintana C+

I know Thurman is a terrific fighter but I just don't see anything extraordinary in him when he fights. He's like a Jack of nearly all trades, king of none. Nothing wrong with that in today's boxing landscape, where mediocrity is passed off as excellence for the sake of creating buzz. However when someone special does emerge, said fighters tend to be forgotten.

I agree with several posters on here, Canelo's resume is slightly better. If anything I think Thurman isn't as talked about because since stepping up in competition, he hasn't beaten fighters in exciting fashion or punctuated his dominance with KO's. Especially when his moniker banks on the notion of being "one time". He just simply beats them while evading the risk of losing.

If anything I think Estrada is worth mentioning.

Wins over:

Hernan Marquez - over the hill but solid name.

Joebert Alverez - decent win.

Gio Segura- good win, especially since Segura was doing good on his comeback.

Richie Mepranun - Solid win.

Milan Melindo - good win against a faster, tricky fighter.

Brian Viloria - his best win.

Loss to Roman Gonzalez - did well and made a name for himself.

Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr. - lost the first fight and beat him in the rematch in an exciting fashion.

Plus, they are trying to mount a fight between Estrada and Cuadras next. If it goes down and Estrada wins the scrap, I think his resume would be more than solid.

Comment

Porter is B- AT BEST. He is one of the most overrated boxers out there. Dude is only where he's at because of his size, strength and ENDLESS stamina combined with a NFL run at you style! Paulina should be accusing Porter of PEDS more so than Manny imo but he to ***** to.

Comment

Working...
                      X