No announcement yet.

The Errol Spence hype is getting worse than Matthysse's hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Errol Spence hype is getting worse than Matthysse's hype

Every video I go you see guys proclaiming him as this unbeatable monster, everyone's ducking him apparently, the guy who's best win is Algeria.

It's getting ridiculous now, these guys think it's a foregone conclusion that he whips Brook, Thurman and every other top welterweight. I was watching a video where the guy from ThaBoxingVoice (can't remember his name, the fat dude Nes I think) was like "If.... sorry WHEN you beat Thurman do you move up to 154?"

I mean slow it down guys! He hasn't even been chin checked yet by a top puncher. Remember what happened last time a guy who spanked goodish opponents and then faced his first test?

That's the wonderful thing about this sport, no matter how much you Hype someone THEY WILL HAVE TO PROVE IT IN THE RING. He will get his chance in 5 weeks.

Comment

yeah, people never learn. i guess you are talking about broner, but they also did this with porter before he fought brook. J-rock was heavily hyped for a bit too and we saw what happened when he stepped things up. They hype people up and then when thisfighter loses, they throw him on the trashheap and a new prospect comes along whos obviously the real deal and better than the previous guy. rinse and repeat. spence could be great but you cant proclaim that after beating algieri and bundu thats proven quality. theres many many many examples of fighters looking great against B level fighters then getting heavily exposed at the top level.

Comment

Comment

No it's not lol stop it. 70% of people picked lucas to kill Danny

Comment

I predicted a 50/50 fight in the Swift/Lucas fight (you can check my postings on those threads). And I'm predicting another close fight in this coming Brook/Spence clash. We'll soon see which one is the real deal.

And I don't get why they keep regurgitating this Matthysse/Garcia fight as if Swift completely dominated the Machine. The Gift urinated blood in that fight. Why they're saying Lucas got exposed is beyond comprehension.

Comment

At the very least, Mathysse was in there with respectable opposition before his hype train. Spence doesn't have a marquee opponent, let alone win, under his belt. I'm not saying he ain't good, I'm just saying, let him be tested first.
              Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 04-26-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I agree, Spence has not been tested yet. Let's see what he can do against Brook.

Comment

This is completely and utterly untrue.

That said, people should give Spence more hype and attention then a one dimensional flash in the pan like matthyse. Matthyse is the single most undeserving overrated boxer in the history of NSB.

Comment

No lol. The Lucas hype was on another level

Comment

Working...
                    X