No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Says Demetrius Andrade Priced Himself Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
    The audacity of this pos lara crying about someone else asking for too much money:*******:
    when has lara asked for too much money before?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Well Jermell Charlie just made 100K last weekend so I can't imagine they're offering much more than that.
      I did'nt word it properly but, I meant more towards the overall split. Like if Lara was getting 1+ million and trying to give Andrade 100k.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        following g strings business model is he
        He would actually have to fill arenas to do that.

Comparing Golovkin to Lara is like comparing chocolate to ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Lara trying to duck out in his mandatory with the good ole he's pricing himself trick. This would be more acceptable if Lara wasn't getting paid millions to fight retired welterweights in front of a half empty arena. With just in attendance receiving free tickets to be there.
          bet lara wont be the one to just drop his title like an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            bet lara wont be the one to just drop his title like an idiot
            Andrade made a mistake in dropping the title but I'm willing to give 2nd chances to the young contender who wants to fight the suppose best in the division.

But both teams need to be realistic in knowing they aren't major draws. 60/40 in favor of Lara or call the purse the bid to settle this.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              With the current state of PBC, I don't think Lara made the same amount in the Foreman fight. It would have been stupid to pay Lara $1 mil for that fight.
              Did the purse not get released for that fight? I'm not sure any specific fight purse off hand tbh, but I recall every purse I did see for Lara lately was in the $1Mish range. You could be entirely correct doe & it certainly makes sense with what the trend was/is with PBC.

Lara will always be seen as a high risk low reward fighter.
              Even as a big Lara fan I can't disagree with you here. Lara has been overpayed in the $1Mish purse range I believe + most of his opponents are selling an L or at least the biggest challenge of their career more than arranging a fight so Lara is a hard cat to line up top names against due to the realities on both sides of the equation.

So I definitely see the problem with trying to pay a guy who can't sell tickets, but is the best guy anyone in his division is probably ever going to fight.

All that said, these mfers just need to figure it out cuz I'm getting bored, & I suspect most others have been bored or getting there themselves, with all this marinating & money talk all the time. It'd be a nice change to talk more fight stuff that's scheduled & on the calendar instead of fantasy fight stuff cuz guys might not fight for a year or two from today best case scenario.

Someone needs to create a new boxing job for the sake of the sport & for the entertainment of the fans wanting to see tip top high level fights more often. Like some sort of an arbitrator. He just goes in & gets sh^t done between two opposing sides & makes all the best fights a reality in timely fashion. When its all said & done he gets some agreed up % of the revenue & goes onto making the next fight people wanna see. Cuz I mean clearly no one else is doing this job despite so many mfers outside the ring in suits involved in boxing & so seldom tip top fights being made. Granted this is a better year than average, but I still see it as an anomaly more than a trend.

Comment

Lara si the most overpaid fighter in sport. He is boring as hell.

Comment

Charlo is a champ and just made 100 his last fight. Hiw much us Andrade asking for?

Comment

Lara talking money and acting like he's some A side is hilarious. This dude can't draw flies to his fight and has been p4p the most overpaid fighter in boxing. Getting 1m paychecks to fight bums in empty arenas that draw terrible TV ratings in complete snore fest fights. His last fight was so bad that Spike canceled their PBC contract after it. LMAO

Lara complaining about not getting fights well then take some of the money you overpaid Lara for and pay andrade. Simple.

Comment

Lara claims to be this great GGG beater but he has been fighting mostly very poor challengers since he lost to Canelo. He has a chance to show how good he is or isn't right now by fighting the excellent Andrade but he will fight someone much safer just wait and see. What difference does it make to Lara how much money Andrade gets as long as he is well paid?

Comment

Working...
                      X