Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #13 - Saul "Canelo" Álvarez vs Julio César Chávez Jr, May 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez doesn't have a chance in hell of winning. Dude is a giant punching bag.

Comment

• ESAU; Canelo; Wide Decision; 3x multiplier.

GOING FOR BROKE BABY! Gotta make a do-or-die move here to catch up! This should blast me up the rankings if correct.

Comment

• Question - in order to get credit for "Wide Decision," the boxer has to have 116-112 or wider on ALL THREE cards?

Does that mean 116-112? Or it has to be WIDER, so starting at 117-111?

EX: 116-112 on all three cards = WIDE DECISION or would that be CLOSE DECISION?

It doesn't seem quite right - if a boxer was 117-111; 119-109; 115-113 and for that NOT to count as a WIDE DECISION? That means if somebody picked Mayweather WD over Canelo, they wouldn't have gotten it, cause one idiotic judge had it a draw?

Comment

• Also, I think there should be some sort of "inherent," if you will, or "builtin" bonus, for successfully predicting a draw.

It doesn't seem quite fair to take the risk of predicting a draw, to only be rewarded the same as calling a WD, or CD.

Even calling a KO isn't as tedious, because you have a range of rounds, and aren't pinpointing a single round.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESAU View Post
            Also, I think there should be some sort of "inherent," if you will, or "builtin" bonus, for successfully predicting a draw.

It doesn't seem quite fair to take the risk of predicting a draw, to only be rewarded the same as calling a WD, or CD.

Even calling a KO isn't as tedious, because you have a range of rounds, and aren't pinpointing a single round.
            Picking a draw is 75pts, which makes it essentially like getting a 2.5x multiplier

Comment

Also, I think there should be some sort of "inherent," if you will, or "builtin" bonus, for successfully predicting a draw.

I called a Draw in this one, I'm probably alone...
              I am 90% sure it's going to be a Canelo decision, most likely by a wide margin...

I think Chavez Jr is durable and being heavier and the fact he's in shape this time, might mean that he's extremely serious about winning... He knows this is serious business for his personal Legacy and the legacy of his family name to his country...

But, even Mayweather and his whitewash of Canelo only won by majority decision...
              This makes me think that a dominant performance by Chavez Jr should only Garner him a draw... I think that Chavez Jr needs multiple Knock Downs in order to get a decision against Canelo, thus the Draw call...

Add in the intangible that Oscar would rather rematch Chavez than put Canelo in with GGG, and a closer decision would be needed to justify a rematch...

Comment

Question - in order to get credit for "Wide Decision," the boxer has to have 116-112 or wider on ALL THREE cards?

Does that mean 116-112? Or it has to be WIDER, so starting at 117-111?

EX: 116-112 on all three cards = WIDE DECISION or would that be CLOSE DECISION?

It doesn't seem quite right - if a boxer was 117-111; 119-109; 115-113 and for that NOT to count as a WIDE DECISION? That means if somebody picked Mayweather WD over Canelo, they wouldn't have gotten it, cause one idiotic judge had it a draw?
                Close is the equivalent of 116-112 on all three cards or closer. That's a scoring difference of 4 on each card or 12 pts total.

Your example:
                117-111 = 6
                119-109 = 10
                115-113 = 2
                = 18 pts difference

Which I would count as wide.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean that all three cards must have scores greater than 116-112 to count as wide. The 116-112 on all three cards is just an example to illustrate the cutoff which I actually handle in terms of pts difference.

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                I called a Draw in this one, I'm probably alone...
                I am 90% sure it's going to be a Canelo decision, most likely by a wide margin...

I think Chavez Jr is durable and being heavier and the fact he's in shape this time, might mean that he's extremely serious about winning... He knows this is serious business for his personal Legacy and the legacy of his family name to his country...

But, even Mayweather and his whitewash of Canelo only won by majority decision...
                This makes me think that a dominant performance by Chavez Jr should only Garner him a draw... I think that Chavez Jr needs multiple Knock Downs in order to get a decision against Canelo, thus the Draw call...

Add in the intangible that Oscar would rather rematch Chavez than put Canelo in with GGG, and a closer decision would be needed to justify a rematch...
                Hey I sent you a message. I had suggested that the Chavez multiplier would apply to a draw in our earlier message but now I'm not sure if that makes sense.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-06-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Close is the equivalent of 116-112 on all three cards or closer. That's a scoring difference of 4 on each card or 12 pts total.

Your example:
                  117-111 = 6
                  119-109 = 10
                  115-113 = 2
                  = 18 pts difference

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean that all three cards must have scores greater than 116-112 to count as wide. The 116-112 on all three cards is just an example to illustrate the cutoff which I actually handle in terms of pts difference.

Hey I sent you a message. I had suggested that the Chavez multiplier would apply to a draw in our earlier message but now I'm not sure if that makes sense.
                  Yes, I got it...
                  Thanks...

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

Your example:
                    117-111 = 6
                    119-109 = 10
                    115-113 = 2
                    = 18 pts difference

Ahh, IC!

PERFECTLY explained! And I mean perfectly!

That is about the best way of determining a "wide" fight now that you broke it down.

Excellent - most excellent!

Thank you kind sir, NOW I SAY GOOD DAY!!

Comment

• Anonymous2.0, 1X

Comment

Working...
                      X