Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: I Don't View GGG Fight as Loss, A lot of Fans Agree I Won!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I thought it could've gone either way and the fight was scored fairly. Jacobs has all the right to think he won, it close. If Jacobs won, GGG would have all the right to also say he thought he won. It was close but I have no issues with the decision.

You guys realize this is an interview where Jacobs was asked questions about the fight and he is simply answering them right? He didn't wake up, emailed boxingscene or called into Hot 97 radio station or Sway in the morning to randomly complain about the fight.

Lol, get a ****ing grip on yourselves. Let boxers answer interviewers questions in peace without the smart comments of them "still talking" like you actually believe Jacobs is actually still just talking about the fight on his own out of thin air.

That's not how you score damn fights ffs. A fighter could land 50 less punches in total and still win.

If he doesn't count it as a loss, let him, what's your beef? That's his attitude, he's competitive, he didn't think he lost. He's not the first boxer to say that and he won't be the last. You're sitting in your chair calling him disrespectful because he felt he won and didn't see it as a loss? Lol, come on, that's hilarious.
    That's exactly what I am saying. Those 50 plus punches he landed weren't in one round, it was over the whole fight. That and giving up the KD was a definite recipe for a loss. It may have been more competitive than expected but it was nowhere near a robbery and should be treated as such. My point was that even though Kovalev said he thought he won as did more of the experts of the sport, he didn't say he doesn't count it as a loss at all. Jacobs is turning out to be a c@nt because he put up a good fight. People seem to forget that he is a lot younger than GGG and based on the side by side comparison, was the bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I couldn't score 7 rounds for Ward so if you don't want to feel free
      I scored it 7-5 Kovalev with the KD on top.

To me Sergey won easily even though Ward finished really well.

That being said, that fight was closer than the GGG - Jacobs fight to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        I scored it 7-5 Kovalev with the KD on top.

To me Sergey won easily even though Ward finished really well.

That being said, that fight was closer than the GGG - Jacobs fight to me.

1) that is opinion
        2) it is irrelevant

even if correct - and as I say, that is just an opinion, an opinion that is not shared by a number of insiders - a small degree of "closeness"does not prevent the "winner" from having problems

e.g. if Ward has Kovalev problems, then Golovkin has Jacobs problems

Golovkin has Jacobs problems simply because a number of knowledgeable observers think Jacobs won

let me give you an example, Mayweather/Maidana

FACT: Maidana did not beat Mayweather in their first fight, that was a clearer victory for Mayweather than Ward/Kovalev or Golovkin/Jacobs

Jacobs will always be mentioned..... both Golovkin - and YOU - are going to get sick of the sound of his name..... and setting the record straight is the only way for Golovkin to get the monkey off his back

guys be acting like a Jacobs rematch is similar to being sentenced to the gas chamber..... Kovalev/Ward is the most meaningful fight at LHW..... and Golovkin/Jacobs is the most meaningful fight at 160.....

I don't see the problem, unless..... ?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          1) that is opinion
          2) it is irrelevant

even if correct - and as I say, that is just an opinion, an opinion that is not shared by a number of insiders - a small degree of "closeness"does not prevent the "winner" from having problems

Golovkin has Jacobs problems simply because a number of knowledgeable observers think Jacobs won

FACT: Maidana did not beat Mayweather in their first fight, that was a clearer victory for Mayweather than Ward/Kovalev or Golovkin/Jacobs

Jacobs will always be mentioned..... both Golovkin - and YOU - are going to get sick of the sound of his name..... and setting the record straight is the only way for Golovkin to get the monkey off his back

guys be acting like a Jacobs rematch is similar to being sentenced to the gas chamber..... Kovalev/Ward is the most meaningful fight at LHW..... and Golovkin/Jacobs is the most meaningful fight at 160.....

I wouldnt mind seeing a rematch but the record is straight

In any event, if Jacobs is so desperate to get GGG back into the ring then Uncle Al, Barclays Centre etc should just pony up the cash

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            1) that is opinion
            2) it is irrelevant

Ok, here's some facts regarding your highlighted statement.

1) More expects had GGG winning than there were votes for a Jacob's win while the KD and punch stats do support the GGG victory.

On the other hand,

2) More experts picked Kovalev over Ward and the KD and punch stats do not support the Kovalev loss.

What that boils down to is that Kovalev certainly has WAY, WAY more of a case to say he doesn't count his loss to Ward as a loss but he didn't while the sniveling punk Jacobs did. He lost fair and square and needs to just focus on getting a rematch like Kovalev did.

That said, Kovalev said some pretty terrible things and should be treated like scum for it. There's no race discrimination as to who deserves that title.

Comment

yeah, a lot of racists think you won. hope that softens the blow of losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Ok, here's some facts regarding your highlighted statement.

1) More expects had GGG winning than there were votes for a Jacob's win while the KD and punch stats do support the GGG victory.

On the other hand,

2) More experts picked Kovalev over Ward and the KD and punch stats do not support the Kovalev loss.

What that boils down to is that Kovalev certainly has WAY, WAY more of a case to say he doesn't count his loss to Ward as a loss but he didn't while the sniveling punk Jacobs did. He lost fair and square and needs to just focus on getting a rematch like Kovalev did.

That said, Kovalev said some pretty terrible things and should be treated like scum for it. There's no race discrimination as to who deserves that title.

Golovkin and Ward BOTH have problems

choosing to see those fights differently, based on 1 or 2 punches..... or based on tiny degree's of "closeness"..... is desperate

both Golovkin and Ward have problems

let me give you an example.....

I cannot stand the OBVIOUS biased favoritism expressed to Golovkin by his fanbase..... they have extremely low standards for Golovkin and refuse to hold him accountable for his words/actions

for the rest of my life, I could happily argue that Jacobs beat Golovkin..... and based on the extreme views displayed by Golovkin fans, I likely will just for the hell of it..... as I'm sure will others

in 30 years time, that asterisk will still be there..... the news articles stating that Jacobs won, will still be there..... just like the news articles which state that Kovalev won

that is the very definition of " problems " in boxing terms

I am a Ward fan, a LOUD vocal Ward fan..... and I have no problem admitting that he struggled with Kovalev..... so what the fk is up with Golovkin fans?

wait, I know what it is.....

Ward is REAL, and legitimate..... Kovalev is NOT his career-defining fight..... and Ward's legacy will be very favorable, regardless as to the Kovalev result..... so his fans are not desperate

but, NONE of those things apply to Golovkin.....

there are still question-marks over Golovkin's ability..... Danny Jacobs WAS his career-defining fight, and that fight happened at middleweight, which is supposed to be the division that Golovkin rules supreme..... and his legacy is paper-thin aside from some lesser "achievements"

that is the REAL difference between those fights

Comment

I rewatched the fight sober and I thought it was a convincing victory for Golovkin. That said clearly it was the best performance against Golovkin what we've seen in recent times and I think Jacobs helped himself tremendously with that performance.

Comment

the reason why Golovkin has Jacobs problems, is because things like this are happening.....

Lara: Jacobs Beat Golovkin, I'd Give GGG Tremendous Problems!
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/lara-jaco...oblems--115951

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                      I rewatched the fight sober and I thought it was a convincing victory for Golovkin. That said clearly it was the best performance against Golovkin what we've seen in recent times and I think Jacobs helped himself tremendously with that performance.

Well said. Danny was the best opponent Golovkin has faced but it wasn't close. Jacobs should be happy he made it out of the fight without a serious injury. He will live on to fight another day. I'd personally like to see Jacobs fight Lemieux.

Comment

Working...
                      X