Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Will Be Aggressive With Piracy of Canelo-Chavez PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poppo168 View Post
    Seems like a pretty bad plan, if they start deterring people who don't want to buy particular cards then people will slowly lose interest in the fighters and may not buy a show that they would normally.

I'd be fine with people watching online because there's more eyes on your fighter and exposure is always a good thing
    This has always been a poor way of rationalizing piracy.

There are plenty of ways to see if you're invested in a fighter or in the sport as a whole than illegally downloading a show. We live in the electronic age. And people that illegally stream shows are less likely to turn around and start buying them afterwards, seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
      This has always been a poor way of rationalizing piracy.

There are plenty of ways to see if you're invested in a fighter or in the sport as a whole than illegally downloading a show. We live in the electronic age. And people that illegally stream shows are less likely to turn around and start buying them afterwards, seriously...
      And being strict on it will deter them from watching at all, put it this way, the person who's watching online streams may never pay for a bout in his life but he may then talk about the fighter to other people and they may be interested and pay for his fights. With no streams at all then that word of mouth goes out the window and is likely reducing the potential earnings of the fighter.

I watch a lot of streams, reason being, I like boxing but don't really want to be spending money on PPV's all the time. I talk about boxing a lot and have encouraged others to watch, these people now often watch PPV's and pay for them too.

Comment

Comment

My Family has a vacation home south of the boarder!

We will watch the fight on regular TV (not free we are still paying cable)!

Comment

Widespread piracy, if unchecked, will kill PPV fights. As piracy technology becomes more readily available and used by average fans, the PPV financial model breaks down. That might not be a bad thing, if TV networks pickup the slack, but that seems unlikely.

Comment

**** PPV, rage against the machine

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Isn't this in conflict with Oscar's morals, considering how outspoken he's been about The Wall? Come on DLH, have sympathy on the illegal viewers.

Comment

Badges? What badges? I don't need to show you no stinking badges!
                  Go Oscar! lol

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    they gotta pay that $8 million to star boxing doe
                    I was gonna post the same thing. They need every little penny. Lol

Anyway, good luck to them. Streams will be there regardless and will I.

Comment

It's really not hard to find a stream, I've never had a problem finding a stream to a fight and if the hbo one is really hard there is always someone else broadcasting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X