Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UFC's White: McGregor Would Make $75 Million vs. Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ''McGregor Would Make $75 Million vs. Mayweather''

and thats what it is all about. not winning or being competitive. its just about that money. i dont ''hate'' mcbeggar for doing this or may for allowing him to do this. every last one of us would fight may for 75 mil.

im just shocked that theres a market for this trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      How do you know what he is walking around at now? You his doctor?

Floyd's last KO is Ortiz, a cheap shot. His last TKO was little Ricky Hatton and that took 10 rounds and some help from Joe Cortez.

This fight will be Gatti all over again, except Floyd SHOULD get him out of there in three rounds or less. If he can't, that is pathetic.
      ...there is public video of Floyd, less than a couple months ago, walking into his gym, stepping on the scale (fully dressed) and just weighing 160lbs.

Pull the shoes, jeans/shirt, and whatever else Floyd had in his pockets and he's likely 155lbs/154lbs nearly 16 months after stepping away from the sport.

Conor McGregor just fought Nate Diaz, twice, at a fight fit 170lbs.

With 36 minutes to work, and McGregor maybe having the tank to navigate through a hard 20 minutes, there's no reason for Floyd to rush anything, and the likeliest outcome is that Floyd keeps the mental pressure on, takes whatever McGregor gives him, and drowns Conor late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
        Plus live gate, and sponsorship, and international rights. Those three things alone could add up to another $100 million.
        Whether that number gets up to $100m (I doubt it does, as I see them finding it difficult selling $1000 nosebleed tickets to get into T-Mobile Arena for a non-competitive fight, among other issue), you're still talking about the fighter guarantees being covered, the promoters (Mayweather Promotions/UFC) pocketing a small piece on the fight, and maybe leaving a small extra upside for the fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Whether that number gets up to $100m (I doubt it does, as I see them finding it difficult selling $1000 nosebleed tickets to get into T-Mobile Arena for a non-competitive fight, among other issue), you're still talking about the fighter guarantees being covered, the promoters (Mayweather Promotions/UFC) pocketing a small piece on the fight, and maybe leaving a small extra upside for the fighters.
          You're underestimating the hype this fight is gonna generate among casuals once Mayweather and McGregor start promoting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            You're underestimating the hype this fight is gonna generate among casuals once Mayweather and McGregor start promoting.
            The hype is going to be massive but selling a $1000 nosebleed seat is going to be nuts

Comment

• Im not supporting this trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                He will lose to Floyd and you will never see him again in the UFC. He will be a guy who made money with his mouth. I can think of a bunch of guys I would like to see him fight in the UFC to see how good he really is.
                21 wins. 81% KO rate. 13 KOs in the first round with 4 more in the 2nd rd. 2 of these KOs won him belts in 2 divisions, in just over 8 minutes of work. But you need to see him return to see 'how good he really is'
                Just lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  Yeah, I think the guys on this forum underestimate the general public/media influence too much.

Floyd and Conor are household names

With media coverage it's inevitable that's this fight will be a huge revenue generator. Half a billion easy
                  The single dumbest comment Ive read yet,on a forum filled with groupies WOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                    I'll be purchasing this ppv. Just sayin
                    You post that, & underneath it says never underestimate the predictability of stupidity... @ least your honest.

Comment

• I'm sure it's not that much, $75 million for Conor but ok, if people and the networks want to pay that kind of money, so be it. The gravy train

Comment

Working...
                      X