Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Pacquiao Can Pick the Date; Want to Fight Him Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Manny is not a top 3 WW

He won't even fight a WW.
    Pretty sure the last two guys he fought are currently rated among the top welterweights in the world. And the guy he fought before that is probably one of the top ten welterweights ever.

Comment

Manny WILL NOT fight a full blown prime WW like Brook Thurman Spence, they will all beat Manny right now.

All this Manny annihilates, Manny in prime would mop the floor blah blah this is all hyped BS he didn't annihilate anybody up until the CWs he was a two fisted aggressive fighter that won by attrition not demolition punching power and these were guys his size, then all of a sudden this power comes and Im saying it wasn't his power but the opponents lack of resistance in those fights because of CWs, without a CW he will not beat the top WWs that's why for the last 10 fights they have all been with guys that came from much lower divisions making them small WWs, Cotto Oscar and Margo were all weight effected that's a fact.

Thurman beats the sht out of Manny right now and the only reason Team Manny is making noise right now is because they are fighting a novice and want to take the heat away from that, the fanboys fall for it every time because they as Arum described are as Dumb Rocks that roll anywhere you push them, well they are and Manny has been skimming the table for years.

He shouldn't be talking about the top guys while have no real intension on fighting them, he could have had Thurman now if he wanted, so they mouth of about glass Khan which was a sht fight anyway and choose a total novice in Jeff Horn then come out saying how easy Thurman is to beat,,,,,, man you got to be gullible to swallow this sht.
      Last edited by Reloaded; 04-12-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

If Manny can continue taking money from his idiotic fan base fighting scrubs. Why would a pathetic fraud like Manny risk getting exposed again and this time by a young champ. Keep running Manny and don't worry. You can always take a dip in the salt water made by your stupid fans to make your problems go away like the fake rotator cuff injury.

Comment

thurman beats ANY version of pacquiao

Comment

Thurman still has a ways to go before he is deserving of a "big money fight" type payday with the likes of a Pacman/Mayweather/Canelo opponent. He hasn't "one-time'd" anyone since he moved up from the 'c' ranked gate keepers of the welter weight division. Six fights now. Kahn would be a good match-up as well as a Bradley or Brook level fighter. At least Kahn and Brook moved up to higher weight divisions to promote their stock. Provinikov is another semi-upper tier mauler type that would be a good test for Thurman. Is Thurman a good fighter,...that would be a yes,.... is he 'the goods' so to speak. Well that remains to be seen. He got the best of Garcia, and I've never been completely sold on DG's true talent. Thurman reminds me a lot of Deontay Wilder in the respect that he has had a lot of KO's n his win column,..but as the quality of competition has risen, the performance of these two fighters has slowed somewhat as they climb to the upper echelon of the sport. But that is nothing to really be surprised about either. Look at GGG. He fought the next best fighter ( #2 Daniel Jacobs) and clearly won the bout,...but he didn't get the KO either. As competition get better, the wins get harder. No I don't feel Thurman is quite ready to take on a ring master like Pacquio just yet and honestly, I think that ship has sailed. As another poster said, forget the Pac fight and go for the fresher, newer, youthful "in their prime" fighters and start on a new legacy. Fighters like Cotto, Mayweather, Pac, etc know their best days are behind them and realize it is time to pass on the baton to the younger generation. On a side note, there is only on fight I'd ever care to see the Pacman take, and that is a rematch with Floyd Mayweather. Not so much to see if he can take that "0" from Mayweather,....but after watching their first fight, Pacquio just didn't seem to be "on point" as far as his performance went, and I'm not convinced he was %100 at the opening bell. An to see these two go at it once again and ride off into the sunset would be the best thing for the sport of boxing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Manny don't give a f.uck about belts. Belt quests are only for clowns looking to avoid real challenges and chasing fake greatness.
              Lmao, so that's why he chose a fighter from down under whom no one has heard of

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
                Thurman still has a ways to go before he is deserving of a "big money fight" type payday with the likes of a Pacman/Mayweather/Canelo opponent. He hasn't "one-time'd" anyone since he moved up from the 'c' ranked gate keepers of the welter weight division. Six fights now. Kahn would be a good match-up as well as a Bradley or Brook level fighter. At least Kahn and Brook moved up to higher weight divisions to promote their stock. Provinikov is another semi-upper tier mauler type that would be a good test for Thurman. Is Thurman a good fighter,...that would be a yes,.... is he 'the goods' so to speak. Well that remains to be seen. He got the best of Garcia, and I've never been completely sold on DG's true talent. Thurman reminds me a lot of Deontay Wilder in the respect that he has had a lot of KO's n his win column,..but as the quality of competition has risen, the performance of these two fighters has slowed somewhat as they climb to the upper echelon of the sport. But that is nothing to really be surprised about either. Look at GGG. He fought the next best fighter ( #2 Daniel Jacobs) and clearly won the bout,...but he didn't get the KO either. As competition get better, the wins get harder. No I don't feel Thurman is quite ready to take on a ring master like Pacquio just yet and honestly, I think that ship has sailed. As another poster said, forget the Pac fight and go for the fresher, newer, youthful "in their prime" fighters and start on a new legacy. Fighters like Cotto, Mayweather, Pac, etc know their best days are behind them and realize it is time to pass on the baton to the younger generation. On a side note, there is only on fight I'd ever care to see the Pacman take, and that is a rematch with Floyd Mayweather. Not so much to see if he can take that "0" from Mayweather,....but after watching their first fight, Pacquio just didn't seem to be "on point" as far as his performance went, and I'm not convinced he was %100 at the opening bell. An to see these two go at it once again and ride off into the sunset would be the best thing for the sport of boxing right now.
                I've never understood why fighters or fans say a fighters not ready and then turn around and fighter an even weaker fighter,These fighters are so scared to lose nowadays it's ridiculous. None of today's fighters should never be mentioned in the same breath as the fighters in other eras period. All the wanna do is fight lesser competition and the argue about who is better on social media instead of actually fighting, and when they do fight it's twice a year, I been watching boxing since the 80s and those fighters stayed active. I try and talk about boxing with coworkers and they don't have a clue who no one is except for Floyd and Pac,these new guys need to stay active, and then get some type of endorsement deal so the general public can become used to there face,and build themselves, but all these fighters try to use the Floyd model and it's just not working for them,and it's so called boxing fans like you that say "he's not ready to fight this guy yet"GTFOH, this is the fight game, if you want boxing to come back start saying "yes he is ready to fight this guy "and if a guy loses so what.Nowadays if 2 top fighters fight you will rarely get a rematch (props to Ward and Kov)

Comment

Sorry boxing fans!
                  Manny's next fight Vargas 2, go ask Bob.

Comment

Pacquiao is done, he is on a money motivated retirement lap and has been since he was knocked out cold by Memo Marquez.

Thurman should be aiming at the Brook-Spence winner.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post

How does a novice Horn get a fight but Thurman hasn't earned it, that logic is just plain BS.

Manny has had 27 opponents that when Manny fought them they had a loss inside their last 2 fights,,,,,, and Thurman don't qualify lol,
                      Last edited by Reloaded; 04-12-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X