Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Pacquiao Can Pick the Date; Want to Fight Him Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    You might forget that bob arum asked Thurman to call Al-haymon to start the negotiations but Thurman never responded but instead went back to twitter call out BS.
    bob arum is also quoted as saying that he has no interest in unifications....so take what he says with a grain of salt. he'll say one thing today, and the total opposite next week, depending on what suits his agenda.

i think it's clear that he's not cashing manny out at this stage of his career, unless its someone in his own stable. if arum makes a fight with manny and someone from the outside, it'll either be for ****** money (i.e. floyd), or someone manny should beat (i.e. khan, broner, horn).

arum has never mentioned thurman being anywhere near pac's radar, except to say "he should call al, to call me..."

if arum had any interest in making the fight, he'd call al his damn self....

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      Manny don't give a f.uck about belts. Belt quests are only for clowns looking to avoid real challenges and chasing fake greatness.
      I see what you mean since Manny has been champ many times but the biggest challenges for him at 147 are Thurman, Brook and Spence who have or are fighting for the belts. Whoever comes out of that triangle with the 3 belts belts is in a great position and is surely an opponent Manny/Bob would look at.

It's either that winner, retirement or Crawford in 2018 assuming he fights Horn and Khan this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        We know how this goes! Roach will say yes, Arum will say no! In this case, I would have to agree with Arum. I wouldn't let Manny fight Thurman, when I'm trying to make Pacquiao vs. Crawford! Thurman might as well fight Lamont Peterson, or wait for the Brook vs. Spence Jr. winner!
        oh so arum is trying to make pac vs crawford? because could of swore i've seen some pac ducking crawford post......

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Respect to Arum it is then.

And yea Thurman should do exactly that if he wants the fight. But sh^t man its kinda bs honestly to talk about fighting Manny in April when Manny already gots a fight lined up for July. The earlier this fight could happen is probably November & maybe not even til 2018.
          thurman is open to whatever date. so not sure where you got the idea of an april fight from?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
            I'm really shocked how Garcia/Broner turned down a guaranteed $4 mil with back end PPV revenue and instead fought Thurman for $2 mil and Broner fought a few others for significantly less. Not really sure whose helping these guys on that end but risk/reward/exposure there's nothing higher right now than Pac against a named opponent.
            Garcia said he was never offered the fight from Pac's team.

Comment

Arum is just hoping someone like Horn scores a lucky punch and Manny gets KTFO. And even if he loses, Horn will still build his name up and can go on to be another cr*p opponent for Crawford.

Its such corrupt BS though, because there are definatley bigger paydays for Pac that Arum is denying him - like if he fought one of the PBC guys or Brook in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                You might forget that bob arum asked Thurman to call Al-haymon to start the negotiations but Thurman never responded but instead went back to twitter call out BS.
                Wait, do you really think Thurman doesn't want the Pac fight? The fight that Khan has embarrassed himself over and over again for. Why not?

Comment

Send Al Haymon to contact Bob Thurman.

Dont be on social media pretending just go to Al and give Bob an Offer, now he says he is willing to fight Mnny when he is already fighting Horn.

Also Thurman why not call Pac out in the post fight interview?

I think Thurman whoops Pac, but this fake call outs are lame, just make a legit offer with Al man

Even Bob said the only fighter who showed interest in Pacquiao was Broner, Thurman was never an option according to what Al told Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by stiff_back View Post
                    Arum is just hoping someone like Horn scores a lucky punch and Manny gets KTFO. And even if he loses, Horn will still build his name up and can go on to be another cr*p opponent for Crawford.

Its such corrupt BS though, because there are definatley bigger paydays for Pac that Arum is denying him - like if he fought one of the PBC guys or Brook in the UK.
                    Horn may not be A level but he will be durable, he can knock Pac out and give a good fight to Crawford, Id say he is an Arturo Gatti mixed with Hatton combo, he comes to fight and has heart.

I think Bob will put either Bradley or Vargas with Horn next when Horn beats Pac. Think about it Horn is fighting in Australia, you think Pac is going to win a decision there? he will need a few knockdowns and or a knockout to win.

But Horn can be marketable if they sell 50k seats there all ARum has to do is send Bradley and Vargas there to fight him and build Horn in Australia, and then have a showdown with Crawford in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      oh so arum is trying to make pac vs crawford? because could of swore i've seen some pac ducking crawford post......
                      Everyone knows Arum wants that fight! I don't think Pac and Freddie want it! That's the torch passing fight he's looking for. He also wants Pacquiao vs. Loma @ 140! He doesn't want Manny losing to someone not in his stable! I hate Arum, but I can't be mad at him for that. Pac vs. Crawford or Loma is bigger than Thurman!
                      Last edited by Bronx2245; 04-12-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X