No announcement yet.

Kovalev Strategy to win on June 17th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev Strategy to win on June 17th?

What would you suggest Kovalev to do to win against Ward?

Is Carl Froch true when he says Andre ward would never be defeated because he plays dirty?

Come into the fight in the best shape of your life prepared to throw 1000 punches (of course the number won't actually be that high) and try to take Ward's head off. He has to put more on his punches in this fight. If Ward is blocking the shots, punch the **** out of his arms and shoulders. Work on elbows and uppercuts on the inside. He knows that his jab will be effective but he needs much more this time. Take some risks...put Ward's power to the test.

Comment

Distance, distance, distance, distance. Keep Ward at the tip of your jab. When he takes two steps forward, you take two steps backwards. When he gets inside, grab him, tie his arms up and don't let him work. Keep the fight on the outside and either get the stoppage by timing Ward as he tries to close distance or cruise to a points decision.

Comment

Not being gassed out after 5 rounds ? ... He keeps saying he was pretty much done after Round 5 ... That's more or less agreeing he actually lost the fight, but I'm not sure he realises that ...

Comment

I don't see why he needs to change anything in the fight plan from the 1st fight since I had him winning 114-113.

I think the 1st 2 responses capture everything. He needs to be in the best physical shape he possibly can and he can't let Ward dominate him on the inside like the last fight.

Other than that, he need not make drastic changes IMO.

Comment

Conditioning & inside game.. He needs to add these two to his last performance..

Comment

He needs to throw more, he needs to stop taking breaks as well. Cut the ring off a little better and go to the body more.

Comment

Apparently he plans to smoke a pack a day, go for a light run in the morning and do some 'training' at night.

Chavez Jr vs. Kovalev at Cruiserweight next May?

Comment

Don't sit on a KD

Comment

He'll go for the ko

He will be gassed mid fight

I don't think his team has a game plan to be honest

Comment

Working...
                    X