No announcement yet.

Kovalev Strategy to win on June 17th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graz View Post
    In the first fight he relied too much on the KD and thought he could breeze through the later rounds. Kovalev needs to be unrelenting and keep pressuring Ward. A red handkerchief to prepare for the billy goat rush would be nice too.
    Do you ever support American fighters???

Comment

Originally posted by taes View Post
      KKK now knows that Ward is over rated. This will be easier than the first fight for the Krusher. If he can just get a break from the corrupt judging this should see a comfortable win.
      Didn't he know that during the fight....or is he that stupid???

Comment

improve his cardio and increase his punch output. doesnt need to make any huge changes.

Comment

Don't worry about stamina but don't throw carelessly, cleverly cut off the ring and maintain range. Ward's actual defensive skills are poor, his defense is more intelligent moves to negate an opponents assault like ducking below the waist, being out of range or smothering. Not reflex based as he likes to think he possesses. He also has no basic defense for the jab like catching with the right hand. Keep it at range and shoe shine(hooks and uppercuts) Ward when he comes in before stepping out and reseting.

Focusing on landing some hard body shots early I think would be clever too.
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-11-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Do you ever support American fighters???
            Ha! Of course I do. If they're worthy. Floyd, Leonard, Hagler, Tyson are just a few of my favorites. Currently I think Jacobs and the Charlo brothers are solid. Let me think about it some more. Thanks for noticing though

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              Distance, distance, distance, distance. Keep Ward at the tip of your jab. When he takes two steps forward, you take two steps backwards. When he gets inside, grab him, tie his arms up and don't let him work. Keep the fight on the outside and either get the stoppage by timing Ward as he tries to close distance or cruise to a points decision.
              Nope, he can't... nobody can keep Ward away, if Ward wants to jump inside with his head leading low... (except the ref...)
              Kovalev may only be lucky and catch Ward clean...
              Last edited by MDPopescu; 04-11-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Distance, distance, distance, distance. Keep Ward at the tip of your jab. When he takes two steps forward, you take two steps backwards. When he gets inside, grab him, tie his arms up and don't let him work. Keep the fight on the outside and either get the stoppage by timing Ward as he tries to close distance or cruise to a points decision.
                Only Ward can hold when they fight - even if Kovy did 90% of holding in their first fight...it was still Ward

XD these white boys

Comment

Working...
                X