NSB Pick 'em #11 - Shawn Porter vs Andre Berto, April 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MindGame, using a 2X multiplier...

Comment

Porter by decision. Both of these guys could be shot. I won't risk any x on this one.

Comment

PF Rudyo 3x.......

Comment

Szef, x3.....

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            Gotta give this one some thought. This can go either way. Porter can outwork, outmuscle him and get a possible stoppage due to Berto's past wars. Or Porter can use that same game-plan and get caught like he did towards the end of the Broner fight. Berto I feel is a bit faster, a bit stronger and has more offense than AB so I'm not sure how to choose a winner as of yet.
            This is how I see it too but I'm going with the younger, fresher fighter.

Comment

FrankieClutch, Shawn Porter, Close Decision, x2

EDIT: Edited because I'm thinking 8-4 for Porter. Didn't realize that 8-4 was classified as close.

Comment

Hard to decide between a wide UD and late stoppage in this one, I'm going for wide UD. Berto won't win a round.

Comment

Berto is too old, Porter still got some life left and will exert it on Berto

Comment

StudentOfDaGame., 2x

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                      I dont think Berto performs in any way at the higher level anymore. Leaving out his losses, where he took a significant amount of damage and which has shown us his flaws, he didnt even look good in his wins.

If my memory serves me right, he looked really bad and was outboxed and knocked down by Ortiz before Ortiz resorted back to being Ortiz.
                      Even in the Lopez fight he looked bad and was tagged by him.

Porter lost his 2 big fights, but was competitive throughout the fight. He also has a style which doesnt suit Berto at all. He swarms you, fights really close and gives you no time to reset.
                      I dont read to much into the knockdown, because Porter was forced to weigh in at 144, which probably weakened his ability to absorb a punch.
                      Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      This is how I see it too but I'm going with the younger, fresher fighter.

I'm leaning towards Porter, but it's those shortcomings of his in his biggest fights that still has me doubting myself. Berto I think has shown, whether in victory or defeat, that he'll go out on his shield and continue to fight.

I like Porter, today, only because he hasn't been in all those wars, he's a bit younger. I like Berto because of his game-changing power when he lands clean. Like the first fella said though, he hasn't looked great and shown his flaws. I'll see. I might decide after a couple beers

Comment

Working...
                      X