Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with garglers pumping up Jacobs to enhance GGG thin resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

37-0 baby!!!! WE DID IT!!!! 'and still undefeated gennady 'ggg' golovkin!!!!'

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      I do not think jacobs is as proven as chico. I don't know about that era of lw "destroying" loma, mikey, linares...
      Who did robert garcia ever beat...a well past it molina? I have a feeling you'd be calling freitas a bum and saying spadafra hadn't beat anyone if it was today, or if they were on a resume of a fighter you didn't like. There's an element of nostalgia when it comes to past eras...especially if it was an era that you enjoyed. If you want to rate some of those guys highly, you can't at the same time dismiss guys like quillin...that win is arguably as good as anything on chico's resume outside castillo. It's sounds ridiculous at first, but really look at some of those guys and who they lost to...i don't rate a guy highly just because he has been in with more name fighters, he has to win too.
      i actually watched these guys careers unfold live and they had varying talents but the good thing is we didnt have to wonder how good they were....they actually fought each other and other good competition

the guys today havent proven themselves yet.....Mikey and Loma are the men to beat for sure!!!! i fux with them both!!!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Why degrade proven fighters?

Ive seen it all....he is better than Corrales?...a proven A level fighter who only lost to PBF, Castillo and casamayor in his prime....world champions...2 of them may make the HOF....also Clottey when he was clearly on the slide and outsized @ 147

Jacobs is a good B+ fighter

He hasn't accomplished enough to be considered A level or better than Corrales
        Same way you and flo mos pump up floyds wins over baldomir, gatti, maidana, hatton, Guerrero
        You can't have it both ways.
        Those that say he is P4P 1 and corrales Castillo are like you said garglers but what gets to me is you don't make these bull sh it threads when it comes to floyds bull sh it.
        Why??

Comment

jacobs > guerrero, Berto, ortiz, maidana, canelo (at 152), hatton, baldomir, corrales.

Comment

i actually watched these guys careers unfold live and they had varying talents but the good thing is we didnt have to wonder how good they were....they actually fought each other and other good competition

the guys today havent proven themselves yet.....Mikey and Loma are the men to beat for sure!!!! i fux with them both!!!
            I also watched those guys and that whole era...i was into boxing more than ever at the time, but i think we have a tendency to overrate fighters from eras we enjoyed. It's easy to look at guys whose careers have wrapped up and say they are more proven then guys who are still active...i will say that it seemed like more guys fought eachother back then tho.

Comment

The race card is hilarious.... They claim "blacks" hate him because he is white lol....dude is Asian, born, raised and genetically lol....I guess they nominated him as their great hope or something
              We've got Kov and Lomachenko, best in the game.

GG is mixed race not "asian".

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                I also watched those guys and that whole era...i was into boxing more than ever at the time, but i think we have a tendency to overrate fighters from eras we enjoyed. It's easy to look at guys whose careers have wrapped up and say they are more proven then guys who are still active...i will say that it seemed like more guys fought eachother back then tho.
                I can go agree with you on nostalgia playing a part but sheesh it was friggin loaded back then.... IMO only loma and Mikey nab a belt in that era....its was like 80s all over again around 130-135....I definitely enjoyed the era hopefully today's guys get it on soon

Comment

lets be real bro

before you share your opinion, you might want to go watch the fighters and the fights..no disrespect intended

where did i dismiss QUILLIN,...DID YOU EVEN READ ANYTHING I POSTED....PLEASE READ AND COMPREHEND

Robert Garcia was just as talented as his brother...he was quicker and more aggressive, he was a lil smaller. He beat Harold Warren, fought to the bitter end with Corrales, beat 2X champion John John Molina, World champion derrick Gainer and an undefeated Julian Wheeler

the best today 130-135 vs the 2000s 130-135...here are the top fighters

the 2000s AT 130-135 era had mayweather, castillo, casamayor, Corrales, freitas,(this doesnt even include spadafora, stevie johnston, Stevie Forbes, Jesus Chavez, Carlos Hernandez, it was loaded at the time)

today....Loma, Mikey Garcia, Linares(good but resume is thin, very talented but lost to far lesser fighters), Easter(green), Gervonta Davis(he is green)

the ones with the best shot to survive is Loma and Garcia...they be hard pressed to beat a prime Mayweather, castillo, and corrales....these dudes fought and beat better opposition. Casamayor and freitas would be no cake walk for mikey and loma either
                  I've watched most of the significant fights of that era, if not all. This is the problem i have with people comparing past fighters with current...you just listed off a bunch of names, but in context, who were they really? Who had gainer beaten when he fought garcia...same goes for wheeler. Gainer just came of a loss and wheeler went on to win 2 of his next 6, not to mention both were green. Warren was basically a journeyman and molina was well past it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    We've got Kov and Lomachenko, best in the game.

GG is mixed race not "asian".
                    Kov n loma are better fighters IMO....they should be getting the hype... They also are taking more risks

Comment

I can go agree with you on nostalgia playing a part but sheesh it was friggin loaded back then.... IMO only loma and Mikey nab a belt in that era....its was like 80s all over again around 130-135....I definitely enjoyed the era hopefully today's guys get it on soon
                      Whether it's nostalgia or polotics ruining the sport...boxing will never be as good as it was in the 90s-00s for me personally.

Comment

Working...
                      X