No announcement yet.

A moment of honesty for once

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Ok, explain to me how a guy who is being out landed in rounds wins those rounds.
    You are up to your usual stuff where you try and change what is being said.

I didn't post you could outland someone and win the round. I said you could outland them in rounds, which would account for the difference in total punches landed you asked about, but still lose the fight.

If you outland me by 30 punches in 5 of the 12 rounds you win 5 rounds, have a +150 punches landed and are up 50-45. Then I outland you by 10 punches in each of the other 7 rounds I win them 70-63.

The score for the fight 115-113 I win the decision. Compubox shows you outlanded me by 80 punches.

How you can't understand this is amazing.

Comment

Your hypothetical example is in no way relative to GGGs fight. I dont look much into compubox break downs but I'm sure youd find him out landing and out throwing Jacobs in the majority of the rounds.

And ring generalship is bs when GGG was pushing the action for at least 6 or 7 rounds and fighting how he wanted to fight.

You guys are stretching too much.
      No one is stretching. You obviously score fights using your on system, which is creating the problem.

WE don't have to agree who wins a fight, but we should be using the scoring criteria established by the rules.

Yes the scoring is subjective and that is problematic, but you can't invent your own scoring systme and try to pass that off as valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
        Now, we all have our fun with trolling in here and while fun is definetely an important part of life, then I can't help but feel that we are actually being unfair to the fighters in here.

People know how much I have been picking on Golovkin, talking about how Jacobs exposed him and stuff. Truth be told, that fight could as well have been a draw and it was no robbery. Both fought a great fight. I was annoyed at the white men's ego when they couldn't admit that Ward won a close fight over Kovalev (that also could just have been a draw). But that is not Golovkin's fault. People had asked him to step up for a long time. He did. And he should get praise for that, not punishment.

As for Kovalev, then yeah, Ward did not school him. It was a close fight that could as well have been a draw. Respect for Kovalev and respect for Ward, both gave us a modern classic of a fight and they should be praised for it.

All of this racist **** has gone too far. Let's just respect these warriors who, black or white, are more manly than any of us will ever be. Let's give credit where credit is due.

IMO, Golovkin-Jacobs and Kovalev-Ward could both have been draws and any honest person could see that it was close fights which could have gone either way. Even if one is in denial about that, then at least respect all the great warriors involved in these bouts.
        im a white male myself. but for way too long ive been around boards watching insecure white males bash guys like floyd and ward. its embarrassing. golovkin fans bring his hate on themselves. endless excuse making. endless finger pointing everywhere else. the endless double standards. golovkin should be universally loved. but the Klansmen that run rampant on boards make people hate him. that and his resume/duck of ward.

kova and loma dont receive the same hate and criticism that golovkin does. then golovkins fans turn around, after creating a monster, and whine that they cant understand why people would hate on him. his fans are the worst thing going in boxing. a bunch of cheerleaders trying to live vicariously through him.

Comment

Your hypothetical example is in no way relative to GGGs fight. I dont look much into compubox break downs but I'm sure youd find him out landing and out throwing Jacobs in the majority of the rounds.

And ring generalship is bs when GGG was pushing the action for at least 6 or 7 rounds and fighting how he wanted to fight.

You guys are stretching too much.
          I am not referencing GGG's fight, and I am talking in general of how fights are scored. Also, it is a correction to your argument that most landed punches should win a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            im a white male myself. but for way too long ive been around boards watching insecure white males bash guys like floyd and ward. its embarrassing. golovkin fans bring his hate on themselves. endless excuse making. endless finger pointing everywhere else. the endless double standards. golovkin should be universally loved. but the Klansmen that run rampant on boards make people hate him. that and his resume/duck of ward.

kova and loma dont receive the same hate and criticism that golovkin does. then golovkins fans turn around, after creating a monster, and whine that they cant understand why people would hate on him. his fans are the worst thing going in boxing. a bunch of cheerleaders trying to live vicariously through him.
            This^^^^. I like Krusher and Loma. I dont dislike GGG, because I enjoy watching him. To be honest, I prefer watching all three over Ward, and I felt Ward lost against Krusher. The thing is, I can't stand GGG's fanatics. Reminds me of when Manny's rise to stardom introduced pact@rds to the sport; people started rooting for Manny to lose so they can just **** off and disappear. They have no knowledge of the sport and put their emotions and arrogance on high display when discussing their idols.

For example, look at some soulsurvivor dude arguing about boxing and still have not fully grasped the 10 point scoring system. Pathetic!

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              This^^^^. I like Krusher and Loma. I dont dislike GGG, because I enjoy watching him. To be honest, I prefer watching all three over Ward, and I felt Ward lost against Krusher. The thing is, I can't stand GGG's fanatics. Reminds me of when Manny's rise to stardom introduced pact@rds to the sport; people started rooting for Manny to lose so they can just **** off and disappear. They have no knowledge of the sport and put their emotions and arrogance on high display when discussing their idols.

For example, look at some soulsurvivor dude arguing about boxing and still have not fully grasped the 10 point scoring system. Pathetic!
              believe it or not. ive seen pac fight live twice in person. against hatton and cotto. i was super amped about him when he was gaining steam. but then between pacs fans and arum i became one of those people which you spoke about.

Comment

Now, we all have our fun with trolling in here and while fun is definetely an important part of life, then I can't help but feel that we are actually being unfair to the fighters in here.

People know how much I have been picking on Golovkin, talking about how Jacobs exposed him and stuff. Truth be told, that fight could as well have been a draw and it was no robbery. Both fought a great fight. I was annoyed at the white men's ego when they couldn't admit that Ward won a close fight over Kovalev (that also could just have been a draw). But that is not Golovkin's fault. People had asked him to step up for a long time. He did. And he should get praise for that, not punishment.

As for Kovalev, then yeah, Ward did not school him. It was a close fight that could as well have been a draw. Respect for Kovalev and respect for Ward, both gave us a modern classic of a fight and they should be praised for it.

All of this racist **** has gone too far. Let's just respect these warriors who, black or white, are more manly than any of us will ever be. Let's give credit where credit is due.

IMO, Golovkin-Jacobs and Kovalev-Ward could both have been draws and any honest person could see that it was close fights which could have gone either way. Even if one is in denial about that, then at least respect all the great warriors involved in these bouts.
                Stopped reading after this part

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                  Stopped reading after this part
                  If one gave that fight to Kovalev, one had to be fairly generous, IMO, but it was close and people may view things differently. Forget the skin and focus on the fight.

Comment

If one gave that fight to Kovalev, one had to be fairly generous, IMO, but it was close and people may view things differently. Forget the skin and focus on the fight.
                    Says the guy who brought up race to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                    X