Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil: if GGG moves up to 168, Ward would drop down to fight him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If team g string had enough confidence in him to make a fight with Ward at 168, this fight would have happened already. They don't. Team g string will NEVER allow this fight to happen. Move on.............

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      If team g string had enough confidence in him to make a fight with Ward at 168, this fight would have happened already. They don't. Team g string will NEVER allow this fight to happen. Move on.............
      golvokin don't want that work....andre would kill himself just to wipe that 0 from an undeserving fighters record.....but we all know ward is just reminding everyone what a pair of roast beef curtains golovkin is

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Uh oh.

'We were only joking about moving to 168' - Abel.

Comment

I see no reason why GGG would avoid this fight. Both would struggle making the weight. Don't know if this is just a bluff by Hunter, but he better confirm this and not backtrack later. Make it happen!

This is exactly what HBO offered some years ago and Andre said no to it.

Comment

I'd love to see it, but I really don't think Ward can make 168 anymore. Nonetheless, that's a fight that's long overdue

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              I see no reason why GGG would avoid this fight. Both would struggle making the weight. Don't know if this is just a bluff by Hunter, but he better confirm this and not backtrack later. Make it happen!

This is exactly what HBO offered some years ago and Andre said no to it.
              you kinda got your facts mixed up. When a Ward/g string fight was a real possibility, team g string insisted upon a 164lb catch weight. This after accepting 168 for both Froch and Chavez Jr. Team g string knew Ward would be very lucky to make 168 and 164 was out of the question. Clear duck by team g string.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                you kinda got your facts mixed up. When a Ward/g string fight was a real possibility, team g string insisted upon a 164lb catch weight. This after accepting 168 for both Froch and Chavez Jr. Team g string knew Ward would be very lucky to make 168 and 164 was out of the question. Clear duck by team g string.
                it was a real possibility when ggg was scheduled to fight lemieux and was the mandatory to canelo? yes let me move up and fight ward isntead of canelo who is mandated to fight me next...he had been waiting since late 2014 and now with the big fight finally coming next.. its time to fight ward and for 50-50 when hes way less popular? what an offer!

think you got your facts mixed up. when both guys were available ward ducked the fight and said he wasnt ready. ward had no fights scheduled, no big fights on the horizon, he wouldnt even fight bute so why didnt he take it??? he wasnt in the mood for a challenge thats why. his attempts to fight guys like sartison and hbo continually rejecting his opponents prove it.

also you are mixing up the time line as ggg tried to fight froch and chavez jr well before ward made his silly little 50-50 offer. he tried to fight them in 2014, the ward offer came in late 2015. ggg wasn't even wbc mandatory when he tried to fight froch and chavez jr. fail fail fail. just the facts you can no longer own that name. you must change it to just my bias
                Last edited by daggum; 03-27-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  it was a real possibility when ggg was scheduled to fight lemieux and was the mandatory to canelo? yes let me move up and fight ward isntead of canelo who is mandated to fight me next...he had been waiting since late 2014 and now with the big fight finally coming next.. its time to fight ward and for 50-50 when hes way less popular? what an offer!

think you got your facts mixed up. when both guys were available ward ducked the fight and said he wasnt ready. ward had no fights scheduled, no big fights on the horizon, he wouldnt even fight bute so why didnt he take it??? he wasnt in the mood for a challenge thats why. his attempts to fight guys like sartison and hbo continually rejecting his opponents prove it.

also you are mixing up the time line as ggg tried to fight froch and chavez jr well before ward made his silly little 50-50 offer. he tried to fight them in 2014, the ward offer came in late 2015. ggg wasn't even wbc mandatory when he tried to fight froch and chavez jr. fail fail fail. just the facts you can no longer own that name. you must change it to just my bias
                  Learn to read. When it was a real possibility doesn't mean when Ward is tied up in litigation with his promoter. WTF did being the WBC mandatory do for g string? Nothing, he didn't get Canelo. If he would have taken the Ward fight at 168 would he have lost that mandatory? If you're dumb enough to believe that, what would change at 164.

Not in the mood for a challenge? Ward moved up in weight to fight the #1 light heavy and P4P entrant in Kovalev and g string drug the #3 or #4 welter weight up not one but two weight classes for a fight. So who's not really in the mood for a challenge?

Bute? GTFOH!

Comment

August 29, 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X