Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia vs Jorge Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Mikey by mid to late rounds stoppage in a high-level and competitive fight.

Mikey has fought a lot of fighters with roughly the same fighting style. Linares would be a more difficult style matchup for him with his handspeed and movement. Burgos managed to make Mikey lead and frustrate him a little bit. I know Mikey still pitched a shutout, however Linares is at least a class above Burgos.

My money is on Mikey because although Linares has become more responsible defensively, he still makes mistakes that a fighter as smart and patient as Mikey can capitalize on, and we know Linares' punch and skin resistance is questionable.

We know Mikey is the bigger puncher and we know Linares is vulnerbale. Can Linares hurt Mikey?

Comment

Will Oscar even allow this to happen?

Comment

Mikey should be the favorite in the money-line but inconsistencies in meaningful world title fights are valuable elements in assessing this match: Garcia lost his featherweight title on the scales vs. Juanma, dropped by Rocky Martinez ; Salido broke his nose : a pattern that just recently came to an end with Dejan Zlaticanin for the WBC lightweight title but I'm skeptical because given Zlaticanin style the outcome was expected. If this fight is made does anyone feel confident with the rounds Mikey got from Zlaticanin? also hes fought a total of eight rounds since his return . I think Linares comes in sharper with this crowd tonight vs. Crolla surely it will help in a greater platform in Vegas.

Garcia is no Crolla and his hands should have effect on Linares and should slow him down a bit and his fragile chin vs. a younger skilled puncher is a detriment and more so as the damage set in later down the road.

Linares has never been outclassed and only lost by TKO and that I'm sure is the pick by most based off history and style of opponent. I picked Linares off momentum experience, class; speed and a slight edge in going twelve for the second time in his career which is more than Mikey has gone that along with the lack of rounds. I feel Linares is peaked but I'm not sure where Garcia is right now. If I had to put money on it I go with Garcia but my intuition goes with Linares.
        Last edited by 1hourRun; 03-25-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Linares' face won't hold up 12. Mikey all the way.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this potential fight!!

Comment

This fight is giving me a hard on. I hope they make it happen. Next big fight.

Comment

Linares might outbox Garcia on his backfoot but will get caught, the question is will he survive all 12 rounds, if he survives he wins a close fight, if not, he obviously loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  Linares might outbox Garcia on his backfoot but will get caught, the question is will he survive all 12 rounds, if he survives he wins a close fight, if not, he obviously loses.
                  Outbox... come on bruh mikey would outbox him with his eyes closed.

Comment

This is the kind of fight that the true hardcores love to jump on.. boxing no longer gets me too excited but this one i can get up for..

Linares vs garcia/Loma is all mouth watering ..

Fuc a GGG.

Comment

Mikey stops him in later rounds.. Linares will have his good moments in the fight but Mikey will cut the ring off, apply pressure and stop him in the end..

Comment

Working...
                      X